email updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Weird. Try turning it to something else, and changing it back. Then unsubscribe from this thread and subscribe again.

Sometimes, if things don't work but are set right, changing the settings to something else and back helps.

Okie I just reset it. we'll see. I sure hope it works I miss my SB emails.

You could also try changing the email address SB is using. It's possible that your email server started catching them as spam.

I think that the email notification system sometimes suffers from bugs. I have mine set to NO notifications but I still receive some random ones sometimes. Actually in the last couple of weeks I have received a few. It's strange as sometimes I don't get them for a long time - then a few arrive. There is no pattern as they can be from really old threads or newish ones. Completely random.

The setting only effects threads you subscribe to AFTER you change the setting. If you had email notification set on old threads, change it to No notifications, and someone posts to one of those old threads 6 months later, you'll still get an email.

That took me a while to figure out. I've had mine set to No Notifications for a while, but I still get the occasional email from one of the old threads that gets resurrected to which I subscribed back when I was set to "instant notifications"

Still nothing *sigh*. I really enjoyed those emails each day. I will keep fussing with it. Ty all for your help.

Try a different email address if you have one (if you don't, sign up for a hotmail address temporarily). It's probably some problem with the actual email delivery.. dropped as spam is probable.

jonnythan:
The setting only effects threads you subscribe to AFTER you change the setting. If you had email notification set on old threads, change it to No notifications, and someone posts to one of those old threads 6 months later, you'll still get an email.

That took me a while to figure out. I've had mine set to No Notifications for a while, but I still get the occasional email from one of the old threads that gets resurrected to which I subscribed back when I was set to "instant notifications"

Yup, that's true. I actually went through all my subscribed threads to turn them off once though (you can alter them manually) - still get a few that seem to slip through though.

jonnythan:
Try a different email address if you have one (if you don't, sign up for a hotmail address temporarily). It's probably some problem with the actual email delivery.. dropped as spam is probable.

Will do. I have an alternate. I hope I can change it back to my main one if it starts working again. I hate hotmail lol

ScubaTwo:
I hate hotmail lol

If you want a gmail (Google) address just let me know. I have 100 to give away!!

As do I.
They're free now for anyone to sign up to now.... whoops I thought the beta was over.
You still have to get an invite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom