Email received from Caymancase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptAl

Registered
Reaction score
I received the following Email from Casey and Keith and thought that others on this board may be interested in how they fared against Michelle.

"Michelle came for a visit and did do some damage but, thank goodness, we're fine and we're up and running and happy for it! We went diving today South and it was great! The reefs are in great condition and viz was spectacular considering the wave action that we've had. A couple of dive shops and bars sustained heavy damage but other than that everything is fine. All of the hotels and condos made it through just fine except for some beach erosion... but nothing serious." :tree:

Thanks Capt Al,

I am really glad to hear Casey and Keith came out ok. I always worry about out folks down there when the mighty hurricanes blow through.

Thanks for the post Capt Al. Glad to hear that everything is OK.

Capt Al.. you beat me to it! I was just getting on the board to let everybody know that all's well on Grand Cayman and there you were! Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
As Capt Al said, all is great! We've been out diving for the last few days on the South and West Sides of the island and the reefs are in great condition.... sometimes it takes a good storm for Mother Nature to do a good sweeping off of the coral and that she did! We've also gotten word in from East End and all is great there also. It's still been a little rough on the North Side to dive but I'm thinkin' that all's well there, too.
A few bars and dive shops on the West Side have sustained some damage but the clean up is going very quickly. So Paradise is still Paradise!
Take care! And see ya soon, Al! Casey

Any word of the storm damage on the sister islands, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. I haven' t seen anything posted on their web site.
Mike

Nice to hear everything is OK Casey. I am hoping to make it to your little world in the spring and after reading some reports was concerned about your well being.

BTW, I enjoy different varieties of music, depending on what the situation is, but when I am on the dive boat my favorite music is from Barefootman. He lives on Cayman, but I am not sure which island. Do you happen to know? I would love to catch one of his shows while I am there.

Hey, Mike. The word is that the sister islands are fine! The only thing that I heard that was damaged was a dock on the Brac. I'll keep you posted.
Socaldiver, Barefoot Man is well and living on Grand Cayman! He is currently playing at Rum Point on Sunday days and numerous nights for the Hyatt Restaurant.
Casey

Casey,
Glad to hear all is well.
I have to tell you, I'm still in pain over the fact our ship didn't get into Cayman that day. We wrote a letter to Princess Cruises about it, and are still waiting to hear back from them.
Hopefully our day will come again to dive with you.
:sunny:

Thanks for the good word, Natasha! Yea, I was disappointed also that you weren't able to make it. Send me an email when you get a chance and let me know how your cruise went. Get down here soon!
And, Mike, in the paper today the had an article on damage to the sister islands. Some docks were damaged and some buildings sustained some damage but nothing structural or major.Good news!
Take care! Casey

Casey,
Glad to hear damage was Minimal. You are right, nature is the perfect equilizer.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom