Elite T3 memory capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frito Bandito

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally got my ACI data moved from the desktop to the laptop. Now I want to make the most of the portable setup, without taking the laptop on the boat.

How many minutes of diving can I do before it loses dives? The first time I used the computer I was on a week long live aboard trip. I had set it on 2 second interval sampling rate. When I got home it only had 2 dives in memory.

Next week I'll be doing a week of boat dives again, but they will only be 2-tank day trips. I'd like to crank it back up to the 2 second interval, but I don't know how close I came to filling memory at the end of my first experience.

Ideally I would like the parameters T, D, and S in the formula:

T > xD + yS

Where:

T = total available dive log memory
x = number of dives
D = Maximum memory used per dive
y = number of samples
S = Maximum memory used per sample

That way I could juggle x and y if the first dive went long, etc. This would let me make maximum use of the computer's memory

I don't know about a formula per se, but I'm at 30 dives and counting (most of my dives are
between 35 and 50 minutes) set at 15 sec interval. I think it is advertised to store 24 dives.

2 sec sampling seems excessive - what is the goal of that much data? Most of the divers I talk to
run 15 or 30 sec sample rates. At 15 I get a very reasonable profile graph of my dive and more on-board history than advertised.

Go to Aeris website then go to T3 computer and click on spec and you will find the answer.

I agree with Sladerer. My T3 is set for 15 sec sampling. This is more than adequate to create an excellent profile with lots of extra data.

I've been using 15 second interval and you all are right, that seems to be adequate.

There are a couple of problems though. Every couple of dives the history shows one to five "spikes" where it seems like I jumped up 10-30 feet for a sample or two and then continued my normal profile. It does this without making note of a too-fast ascent. Is this a bug in the T3's logging, the transfer between the T3 and the PC, or the PC's logging? The lack of the too-fast alarm makes me think the problem is with the PC software.

Hard to say for sure - my first ET3 would drop me off the depth chart when it lost the air pressure
signal. It might be worth a call to Aeris. They wound up shipping me a new DC because of this
and the DTR table in the DC being off by one ATM.

I finally got my ACI data moved from the desktop to the laptop. Now I want to make the most of the portable setup, without taking the laptop on the boat.

How many minutes of diving can I do before it loses dives? The first time I used the computer I was on a week long live aboard trip. I had set it on 2 second interval sampling rate. When I got home it only had 2 dives in memory.

Next week I'll be doing a week of boat dives again, but they will only be 2-tank day trips. I'd like to crank it back up to the 2 second interval, but I don't know how close I came to filling memory at the end of my first experience.

Ideally I would like the parameters T, D, and S in the formula:

T > xD + yS

Where:

T = total available dive log memory
x = number of dives
D = Maximum memory used per dive
y = number of samples
S = Maximum memory used per sample

That way I could juggle x and y if the first dive went long, etc. This would let me make maximum use of the computer's memory

was just looking this up the other day on aeris. i did a compare computers and found that if i remember right it will store 40 hours of data at 30 second sample rate.
here is the link

http://www.diveaeris.com/PDF/computer_comparison.pdf

looks like 110 hours ar 60 sec sample rate.

regards

kws

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom