Electric motor for RIX SA-6B

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering how the conversion went? I'd like to convert my SA-6A to 240V single phase electric and am trying to decipher motor specs. Which motor did you use? Did you have any other issues with the conversion, such as mounting the motor?

The conversion went well, and I've been using the compressor all spring/summer. I found a place on-line (by coincidence it's fairly local) that was a great help with all of my questions and fairly reasonably priced. The Leeson 5hp motor draws 23 amps and I'm running it off of a 30 amp breaker. I wired it up with a dryer plug for ease of moving it from basement to garage (winter/summer).For mounting the motor I bought a sliding adjustable plate from McMaster Carr. Total cost with motor, starter, switch, pulley, and shipping was around $400. Below is a link to the motor I used.
http://www.electricmotorsite.com/pc/sglcomp/120554

The conversion went well, and I've been using the compressor all spring/summer. I found a place on-line (by coincidence it's fairly local) that was a great help with all of my questions and fairly reasonably priced. The Leeson 5hp motor draws 23 amps and I'm running it off of a 30 amp breaker. I wired it up with a dryer plug for ease of moving it from basement to garage (winter/summer).For mounting the motor I bought a sliding adjustable plate from McMaster Carr. Total cost with motor, starter, switch, pulley, and shipping was around $400. Below is a link to the motor I used.
http://www.electricmotorsite.com/pc/sglcomp/120554

Did you happen to keep the part number of the adjustable plate that you used?

Did you use the dual belt pulley from RIX, or did you get it from another source?

If you remembered all of the parts you used, it would simplify repeating your conversion.

Thanks,

Keith

Back
Top Bottom