El Orans and El Zee's great Hong Kong adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome. :D how bout dinner or drinks or both?

we will be bringing Moonie in HK but have to bring him back to PI again since he is lined up for lots of activities between February and March. :D

Give us a holler and I'm sure the SB'ers based in HK will muster up to take you and the Mrs. around town.
Sounds great. We'd like that. :thumbs_up:

Which part of town will you be staying?
Kowloon.

and don't forget the eating and drinking part... :D That's just after Chinese New Years, so I'll be back from my Phil trip then.
awesome. :D how bout dinner or drinks or both?
There's a single malt Scotch whisky out there with my name on it. Maybe even some sushi... :japanese: I'm sure we can find a good restaurant... :)

Hong Kong Tourism is well-organised. Pick up a tourist bag at the airport. Since you are there so little time, take advantage of any special events that are on eg late afternoon concerts - fits nicely between sight-seeing and going out for a meal.

The MTR (subway I think you'd call it) is worth a look - and of course you can do that on the way to seeing the sights.

And if you want to see real HK - get up early and get out and about, the parks are full of people doing TaiChi, everyone's sitting out on the streets having breakfast. Then go for an early lunch in one of the big restaurants with everyone else. Ask for china tea with your meal. It is just the right thing for the food and they really like you for doing that.

Tip - take a jacket or jumper - they rack the aircon up to Polar. And some ear plugs for the noise levels in those huge lunch-time restaurants.

Enjoy.

Well,

we managed to arrive in Hong Kong. :D

Well,

I finally managed to upload some pix from our stay in Hong Kong.

20080211-021.jpg

20080212-062.jpg

20080213-001.jpg

20080212-039.jpg

More pix can be found here: Hong Kong - February 2008.

Back
Top Bottom