El Galleon or Atlantis Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks, mcliffy2. I am mainly concerned with a lot of stairs up to the villa...do they have any villas that are close to the shore? We can manage a couple of stories high, but going 100 steps up is too difficult carrying heavy cameras with bad knees several times a day. Have you used both Asia Divers and Action Divers? Really appreciated your feedback.
Both Actions Divers and Asia Divers have been around for many years. Action Divers normally utilize Portofino for accommodation and some of their upstair rooms have ocean view. There are few steps to negotiate for both places but nothing too serious.

Is big better? I don't know much about that area, so don't know if something small and personalized would work better, or if having a lot of business makes an operation more desired?
Thanks for helping me!

Is big better? I don't know much about that area, so don't know if something small and personalized would work better, or if having a lot of business makes an operation more desired?
Thanks for helping me!
I prefer the smaller dive ops, I feel the service is more personal. I would not say say either one is better than the other, it really is what you prefer. Next to Action divers is Searider, a small op, well run with a speed boat, takes out small groups of 1-4, and the owner can make acomadations in any budget range you need.

The only disadvantage of staying at La Laguna Beach Club is its location but to some peoples they love it. Big La Laguna have only three dive centres and a handful of resorts(big or small) and the small beach is the best. You are save to lie down and absorb the sun if you wished. However, it is a fair walk to Sabang and do involving climbing steps but nothing strenuous.
If you are staying in one of the two ocean facing rooms in front of the dive shop. You are only 20 sec away from your wet suit and another 30 sec and 5 steps to board the dive boat. I do not think there is any special area for photographic work and you do have to charge the battery in your room. You might be able to use one of the two dedicated classrooms for your work but please enquire with the managment.
If you are staying at El Galleon, it is a fair walk to the dive shop with your heavy camera and then more walk to board the boat.

There are so many resorts/dive centres to choose from. I am pretty sure you will find one that suit your requiremnet.

My wife and family like Big la laguna for the beach, snorkeling, quiteness, and the nice little outdoor restaurant next to the la laguna beach club. For me, I like small laguna, the dive op I use is close and it is a short walk to either sabang or big la laguna. Not sure which one we will be staying in next week, probably big la laguna and I'll just have to walk over to the dive op each morning. Check out Campbells resort it has all ocean facing rooms.

La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Resort.
I am hoping 4-5 steps are not too much!!!
The resort is on Big La Laguna and is very very quiet.
Reserve Ogie as the guide and you won't be disapppointed. I read a book many years ago on PG and the photographer(Gunter) was using Ogie as his personal guide.

Both Atlantis and El Galleon are good and recommended but for the shortest distance to the dive boat you can't beat LLBC.

+1

I would go for La Laguna too.... they might not be in the centre of Puerto Galera (5min walk only). At least you don't have to suffer from the the loud evening bar music and pretty girls if you don't want it.....and the food and staff is great...
You can leave you camera equipment around and be sure that it will still be there when you come back after the shower. The other resorts, because they are in the centre, anyone could come by, grap your stuff and leave, and no one would have noticed....
It is also right on the beach... change rooms are located 10m from the water....
Enjoy....

Plus it is nice to watch all the locals bring their kids for a swim in the afternoon at big la laguna, it is a very relaxing and quiet area. The only thing I don't care for at la laguna beach club is the room face inward towards each other, but the pool is nice and the bar looks like a neat place to hang out. Campbells has the view as all room face the ocean and the decks are big. I guess it depends on what you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom