Educate me...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to all of the changes mentioned by DOC, there is an interesting phenomenon seen along an area known in Florida as "The Treasure Coast". Gold and silver coins will be uncovered on area reefs and beaches from a Spanish treasure fleet that sank in the area (I believe in the 1500's ?) .

Wrecks turned around, flipped over, reefs changed, etc. The vis usually clears up after a week or so, unless winds are out of the north in the Atlantic, or the west in the gulf.

Cool, sharpenu, and welcome to the boards by the way!

These gold and silver coins... are they allowed to be picked up and taken off the reef or should they be left there? Sounds fascinating...

Thanks for the welcome!

Unless your name happens to be Mel Fischer, you cant keep any coins, gold, etc that you find in Florida waters. Anything you find above the high tide mark, however can be kept. (I believe...if anyone knows differently, speak up) I personally havent gone looking for gold, but I know people who do.

but who is Mel Fischer? (Forget that, I just found him) And what does one do if one finds coins on the reef? Just leave them there or turn them in to Mr Fischer? (Since Mr Fischer is no longer of this earth, I guess they are left there?)

Originally posted by NetDoc
Just like Joe's underwear... it "depends"...

NetDoc,

Just got back into town and am catching up on my reading, this is a classic.

Thhhhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaapppp !!!

Hey, Joewr, let me help you pull that knife from your back!

ID

Originally posted by Iguana Don

Hey, Joewr, let me help you pull that knife from your back!

ID

Do it slowly, IG, and it won't hurt so much! Do you see what they do to me while you're off on foriegn trips? Egad...and that does not even include the pain and suffering at the hands of the Tekies...

Cover me, IG, they are after me!

Joewr...thinking that just because you're paranoid does not mean that they are not following you...

Back
Top Bottom