Edmonton ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcbeaudry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
just a shot in the dark -very dark...i'm in Edmonton for a couple of weeks for work
and was wondering how far i need to go to dive here ?
any local spots ? lakes or quarries?
any hints at all would be greatly appreciated

thanks
marc

Hey Marc, here's a couple options. Twin lakes is about 1 hr SW of the city, features a lot of interesting sunken stuff, an easy entry and is very busy on weekends. Aqua-tek runs boat dives to Cold Lake every weekend, some very good sites and a great boat. There is always Banff/jasper, 3 hrs away but several sites to choose from.

Hi Marc, was just going to second Banff, i dove there earlier this year, not bad, but one of the few choices available.

Mike

Marc, if your looking to go to Banff, check out the "Underwater Outlaws" on facebook. We are a scuba club in Calgary. I am sure if you would like someone to show you around, or if your looking for a buddy, there would be more than one of us happy to help you out.

Mark

Go see the nice folks at The Dive Outfitters. Angie and Cheryl (owner/manager) were just out this way diving today but they are great people and run a top notch operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom