Edmonton divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there! I'm originally from St. Albert and have a group on Facebook that is comprised mostly of divers from the area. For the past few summers, we've spent quite a lot of time doing training in Narrow Lake, and in winters bring groups down to Cozumel through Ocean Sports.

Enjoy your diving!

a couple of links...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AtkinsScubacom/10150110799450565 (this one may help introduce you to some fellow divers in the edmonton area)

Atkins SCUBA (this one will tell you about who I am)

kari

Nope.

A few hula hoops is about it. Some fallen trees. The bottom is very, very soft... you can push your arm in quite a ways if you're so inclined. :) There IS some life - a few fish, mostly jacks, occasionally a pike. Lots of tiny stuff on the bottom if you're into that. A decent thermocline around 20 feet, much colder below that.

I've only used the lake from the "Narrow Lake Recreation Area" entrance. I know others use it from a spot a bit further north, so my experience is not the whole of the lake. I like it mostly for convenience; many instructors in the area use Jasper for training, which is of course beautiful, but a lot more expensive and time consuming in travel, and then following dives, waiting for an appropriate interval before crossing the Obed Summit. At Narrow, you can head up in the morning, do two or three dives and be at Original Joe's in St. Albert in time for supper.

I also like it for Rescue Diver training exercises, as the visibility is such that it makes the search challenging enough to be worthwhile!

kari

Newbie looking for buddies in edmn. area? Cheers!:eyebrow:

The Dive Outfitters has film nights the first Wednesday of the month and weekly dives at Twin during the season. Aquatek has a club and goes to Twin regularly. Northwest goes to Narrow and has pool time during the winter at Scona pool. Check with the stores to see what they have going on. The local scene is quite active compared to as recently as 5 years ago where there wasn't much going on.

The AUC has pool time at Kinsmen once a month on Saturdays. Check the AUC Facebook page for the next date.

There's also Northwest Scuba that does padi discover local diving trips 1-2 times a month from may-the lakes ice over! Great way to meet other divers and get some certs while learning about the local dive sites!!!

Next pool session at Kinsmen is this Saturday (Feb 11) 7:30-8:30. It's suggested to show up around 7 to get gear squared away and take care of waivers, etc. $10 cash. Divers can enter from the back door. See the AUC rep on deck.

Hello all! I also live in st Albert, after moving here from Victoria. My wife and are are avid divers and owners of protecscubadive.ca . I do some teaching out of aqua-tek and love to get out whenever we can. Feel free to contact us anytime!

Jay and Carolyn

Hey Guys,
I'm an instructor living in St. Albert and going to school in Edmonton, also looking for dive buddies who know the local scene. Since returning from warmer waters I've been missing out, feeling way to dry :depressed:. Anyone know of University based dive clubs at Gmac, NAIT or UofA?
Also Aquatek holds a pool session on most Fridays, just call the shop for details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom