Edit / Post controls gone?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hadn't done any recent updates until Marcia suggested updating FF... but the issue existed before then. Other than that, the only software I have added to my laptop this week (the glitch started yesterday) was a control panel for my new nokia symbian. Not sure if that could effect SB though?!?!

Not noticed any glitches with any other sites (but SB is the only VBulletin site I've been on this week).

My edit post control is gone too. Has been for some time

I was of the impression that we had lost the power to edit our posts in Site Support. I only say this because I have not seen an edit button available in here since the upgrade several months ago. As a MOD I know they could but have us pee ons still got the power?

Sorry for the hijack Devon.

EDIT

WOOHOO......the button was there. I guess I was wrong again :doh:

The firstis the Quick Reply Box -- I confirmed the buttons are responsive [however, the buttons from the subscripts button through to the end just append an "[ SV ]" tag.

The is the Advanced Reply Box. None of the three groups to the left of the inop subscript button are responsive (they are grayed out).

FireFox . . . Currently 4.0 . . . and this is a new computer issued by work? :confused: :lol:

Attachments

• SB - Go Advanced Box.jpg
    SB - Go Advanced Box.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 23
  • SB - Quick Reply Box.jpg
    SB - Quick Reply Box.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 18
Andy, for a while I was having serious FF problems, and I don't know what fixed them, but they're fixed. During that time, I had to 'Go Advanced' for all access to buttons and editing. I had to hand-insert code for line breaks, couldn't use emoticons unless I coded them in, etc. By some magic it now works. But anyway, try to 'Go Advanced' and see if that helps.

Tried that. Same issues in the Advanced option. Same in Edit. Same in Quick Reply.

I've got a grand total of 6 buttons... Wrap Sup & Sub tags, strike-through, google, wiki and youtube tags. The others are all greyed out.

Sounds like Jax may be having a simular problem, but not as drastic (as many buttons greyed)?!?

Tried that. Same issues in the Advanced option. Same in Edit. Same in Quick Reply.

I've got a grand total of 6 buttons... Wrap Sup & Sub tags, strike-through, google, wiki and youtube tags. The others are all greyed out.

Interesting - coincidence? The only buttons that are not grayed out are the ones that don't work?

The buttons greyed out in Jax's post under the advanced editing features are for tables. Hover your mouse over them and you'll see it's to create tables, edit tables and delete columns and rows. AFAIK that feature has never been implemented.

The SV tag issue on the last set of controls is a known issue but Howard didn't have time to resolve before getting back on a boat. I'd venture to say that neither are related to your issue.

Have you tried restarting your computer?

I'm running FF 6.0 and have none of those issues.

The buttons greyed out in Jax's post under the advanced editing features are for tables. Hover your mouse over them and you'll see it's to create tables, edit tables and delete columns and rows. AFAIK that feature has never been implemented.

EDIT - you're right, I was confusing the 2nd line of the quick reply with the third line of the advanced.

testing center​

testing right​

Indenting
one
two
three​

Buttons work fine in quick reply.

EDIT . . . mouse-over shows nothing,but I see that they are different boxes now.

Sorry, Devon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom