Question Edit data in Cloud?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I must be narced.....duh...

I want to change a dive-site name on an entry I've previously made to the SW Cloud.
How do I edit the data there?
Do I have to delete the dive and re-download it?
Thanks!

No. You can type over it. Your original entry does not disappear from the list of potential dive sites, so every typing error you ever made when you hit Enter is now on the list. But you can overwrite it. Just click on the field, backspace to delete your previous entry, and type the new dive site.
DiveEdit.png

No. You can type over it. Your original entry does not disappear from the list of potential dive sites, so every typing error you ever made when you hit Enter is now on the list. But you can overwrite it. Just click on the field, backspace to delete your previous entry, and type the new dive site.
View attachment 849197
Well, that works just fine, but wow! Talk about non-obvious!
Thanks, Robert!

Well, that works just fine, but wow! Talk about non-obvious!
Thanks, Robert!
By the way, I got the same editing info from Shearwater Customer Service -- but slower. I pointed out to them that a search of their website came up blank on the issue. They agreed to put it into a FAQ for the Cloud Desktop.

Back
Top Bottom