Edge/Hog Regulator Combo ONLY $219.99 with Hose!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the HOG D1 and a din to yoke adapter....
A native yoke reg like this would have been a lot more convenient :-/

IS this a limited time offer????

I just bought the HOG D1 and a din to yoke adapter....
A native yoke reg like this would have been a lot more convenient :-/

IS this a limited time offer????

Yes, until we run out of the First stage. We only have about 75 (yoke) and 25(DIN) sets left.....

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Chris, some people love the flex hoses, even as a long hose and some hate it. Just depends on the diver :wink:

Up to 20 dives on this set (10 in the Philippines on the Coron wrecks, and 10 locally) and i'm loving them!
Someone asked the question before if the braided hoses were a bit coily for a long hose, and what I've found is, Yes.
I ordered a 5 hose hose and wrapping it around takes a bit of getting used to as you have to spin the 2nd stage to remove the kinks.
Planning on ordering a 7 foot rubber hose very soon to finish off the set completely!
Finally for all those who have never had an adjustable second stage (like myself), make sure to play with it a far amount. Find what works, and if you notice a bit of bubbling coming out, don't worry and run immediately to complain. I found the answer right here "http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/360387-stuck-purge-button-hog-d1-other-gripes.html"
A great setup at a great price! Considering getting a back up! Cheers, Allan

P.S. The customer support I got from DRIS was rocky at first, for reasons beyond any control or fault (Speaking of which I hope Debbie is feeling 100%).
DRIS compensated be beyond belief even though it was an uncontrollable circumstance. Will be dealing with these guys again soon, and in the future!

Would this be an appropriate regulator set for a moderately new diver? I've got around 30ish dives over the past couple of years, I'm tired of renting, but I'm not so savvy on what would be good for my first set.

Would this be an appropriate regulator set for a moderately new diver? I've got around 30ish dives over the past couple of years, I'm tired of renting, but I'm not so savvy on what would be good for my first set.

In my opinion it would be perfect for you. You will still need an octo and gauges but you can add those to the order when you place it. I had a HOG resg set but HOG 1st stage is DIN and I had to always use the yoke adapter that came with it when diving in the tropics. So when I saw this deal I snapped it up immediately.

Back
Top Bottom