ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nerissa

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
ok found out my new regulator was bought on ebay. My question is even though it is new do i need to get it serviced or can i just try it in a pool to see if it is ok?

My rule of thumb is to get life support equipment serviced when I buy. Whether it came out of the box at the shop or not.

I think that servicing something out of the box is a little redundant (a brand new box) but I would at least have someone who knows what they are looking for take a look at the thing before you put your life in its hands. Don't expect thelocal shop to honour any warranty or do any freebees with an ebay'er though....

rescuediver009:
I think that servicing something out of the box is a little redundant (a brand new box) but I would at least have someone who knows what they are looking for take a look at the thing before you put your life in its hands. Don't expect thelocal shop to honour any warranty or do any freebees with an ebay'er though....

i can´t go more agree with these comments...for a new brand regulator servicing it seems to be a little silly ( a general functioning check up would be more than enough, and of course avoid records dives at the first try)...BUT for items from ebay we HAVE TO overhaul them or at least disasemble them to check them up the general conditions and the presure settings...i think it´s a logical way to do the things....

i would not thrust in something buyed in ebay before get it checked it...

Did it come in the box with manual, plastic wrap ect.?

If so, definately don't pay for more than a checkup. You may just want to dive it in the pool, and see how it performs.

If it came in a zip lock bag without box and instructions, then hard to say if it's new, or what.

Just because it was from ebay does NOT mean it's not from an authorized dealer. People associate EBAY with used items. The irony is that at LEAST 50% of the items I've purchased from ebay are new from dealers.

I have not purchased much Scuba gear on Ebay, but have noticed both authorized and grey dealers using ebay. LP is on EBay as is unrealfind, joediver, and many others...

Ron

Nerissa:
ok found out my new regulator was bought on ebay. My question is even though it is new do i need to get it serviced or can i just try it in a pool to see if it is ok?

Back
Top Bottom