Ebay Regulator-Cressi XS Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacky Boy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just bought a Cressi-Sub XS Plus first and second stage from e-bay. £25 (about $40) including p&p.

I broke a golden rule of not knowing much about it when I bought it. However at that price I can take the hit if the service tech tells me its useless.

I cant find any information on the reg and was wondering if anyone had one, or knew anything about them, in particular if its sutable for cold water.

I read somewhere that all Cressi-Sub regs are tested to 4 degrees (just below any temp id be using it for) but havnt found any official confirmation of this.

The Cressi website has no information on items it no longer makes. However it does say that the XS2 2nd stage is the same design as the XS Plus 2nd stage and all parts are interchangable (just with upgraded pollimers I think). So I know that the 2nd stage servicable. I hope the 1st stage is. But as I said, I can take a hit of £25 if it turns out to be rubbish.

Evening all.

Sorry, can't help you with the reg.....just wanted to acknowledge your avatar.

Alreet- i divin't knaw about the testing...but i do knaw its a good regulator :wink:

Seriously...howits there in GEORDIELAND? I will ask my rep about the reg, but it should be good? Where do dive around there? I used to live in Gateshead but was not diving at the time.

Alreet- i divin't knaw about the testing...but i do knaw its a good regulator :wink:

Seriously...howits there in GEORDIELAND? I will ask my rep about the reg, but it should be good? Where do dive around there? I used to live in Gateshead but was not diving at the time.

Areet sunna! Or should I say hey braa!

Geordielands canny, bloody baltic reet noo like.... No, I'm sorry I dont speak like that, although I am a fully fledged geordie. I slip the odd haway in here and there. lol. I wish I was in Hawaii braa (my only knowledge of Hawian dialect comes from dog the bounty hunter, that must be like people thinking we all speak like Jimmy Nail. I am really sorry!)!

Thank you for asking your rep. I appreciate that me owld morra!

I can't help you with the 4° (Celsius I presume) question, since we rarely reach 7°C here, but if the 1st stage is the same as the actuall one (AC10) then it should be fine for normal 'cold water' diving (around or slightly below 10°C).

The XS Plus has been discontinued at least 6-7 years ago, but the AC10 is still in production (spare parts easily available) and IMHO it is a honest, robust 1st stage.

Best regards
Simon

I can't help you with the 4° (Celsius I presume) question, since we rarely reach 7°C here, but if the 1st stage is the same as the actuall one (AC10) then it should be fine for normal 'cold water' diving (around or slightly below 10°C).

The XS Plus has been discontinued at least 6-7 years ago, but the AC10 is still in production (spare parts easily available) and IMHO it is a honest, robust 1st stage.

Best regards
Simon

Cheers Simon. I actually took it in for a service a couple of weeks ago. The service tech has had a recent berevement though so he hasnt been able to do it yet. I think it is the AC10, I didnt realise they were still in production. Cheers.

Jack

Cheers Simon. I actually took it in for a service a couple of weeks ago. The service tech has had a recent berevement though so he hasnt been able to do it yet. I think it is the AC10, I didnt realise they were still in production. Cheers.

Jack

Yes, the AC10 is still in production (or at least it was during 2009), and spare parts should be available to any service center. Even here in Croatia those are available, imagine that :D

Regarding the 2nd stage, it should be pretty much like the XS2, even some parts are identical. If you need the exploded view of both the first and second stage (spare parts list included), send me a PM. I still cannot place links on the forum :idk:

Back
Top Bottom