Ebay - New AL80 - $195 - Free Shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
just get some used hp100s instead, especially for the pnw

or even some used luxfer al80s from a LDS, shouldn't be that hard to find a shop that sells their ex rentals periodically at a discount

or even some used luxfer al80s from a LDS, shouldn't be that hard to find a shop that sells their ex rentals periodically at a discount
Yeah...... Totally agree I already have HP102's and 120's that I dive with up here.

The only reason I'm looking at a new AL80 is to have a dedicated emergency 100% O2 cleaned option onboard my boat since I'm planning to be in some remote areas of BC later in the summer of 2023. The DAN D bottles are only 22cf and pricey......plus I like the idea of being able to use a RescuEAN with POD so that I have the option of providing on demand pure O2 to a conscious diver through a fully O2 cleaned stage reg plus still have the additional option of 15L per minute of constant flow for an unconscious diver using the RescuEAN Pod connected to the LPI hose on that same dedicated reg. Hope that makes sense.

I was just thinking that I can have more than triple the available O2 with an AL80... as opposed to a DAN bottle. I'm most likely not going to take a chance on this EBAY tank and Valve but just was wondering if anyone had experience with them...

Cheers....

you could also just double duty some al40 deco tanks. simple o2 clean piston like a mk2 and a hose with a needle valve or restrictor to a CPAP mask.

A CPAP mask is constant flow and so actual O2 would be wasted. I want both options. Full 100% on demand only with no waste for a conscious diver.......or the constant flow option just like the DAN systems.

Update: I actually contacted the EBAY seller of these and just received a reply confirming that these tanks are NOT DOT certified and also do not come with any current hydro or visual certs.... So that's that...

Another vote for HP100's. They are great tanks, similar in size and weight to an al80, but 20 ft more gas and stay negative. Love mine, wish I had discovered them sooner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom