easy share images #2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thanks for the tips for slide show software - I will check them out!

Can anyone let me know
-resolution
-dimensions
-format
that will be best for saving my pics so they are ready to go when I get whatever slide show software? I would like to get started before I travel (will pick up software when I get back to US) next week so I can bring a cd of images with me and then pop them into the software on the computer there.

I would like to save the images for the slide show AND so if family etc want a hard copy they can print a 4x6 or 8x10.

Thanks.

I'd leave them full size. Most programs have an auto sizing feature. And especially if you want folks to be able to print them.

So if I scan a 4x6 print, I should set the dimensions as 4x6? Or if people might want to print 5x7 I should scan as 5x7? I think my program lets me adjust all of that as well as the quality of JPEG I want to save as. And this won't be too big (slow) for the slide show?

Is 300dpi enough to print later?

I misunderstood. I thought you were using digital photos not scanning prints.

My slide show shots are 800x600 pixels, which is viewable on most monitors. I think I remember scanning photos at 300dpi.

My knowledge of scanning is several years old! You better let someone more familiar answer your questions.

I am no expert here, but I think once you start getting greater than 300 dpi, the human eye can't discern much of a difference in image quality.

I think most digital images are captured at 72 dpi, so you would have to shrink it like 4 times if you wanted a good image for print.

So, if I am correct in answering your question, 300dpi should be plenty for a decent quality image.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom