Eastern Caribbean, best island for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarj04

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone...first time poster here. I am a beginner, but comfortable diver with ~40 dives logged. Most of my dives have been in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, TCI, and the keys.

I am going on a family cruise with stops in Isla Culebra PR, St. Bart, Montserrat, St. Martin, Jost van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda. None of these islands are the usual suspects always associated with great diving. I have done the Rhone in BVI already, loved it, but would prefer to try something new.

I am in St. Martin from 7AM-10PM, so I could potentially catch the low altitude flight over to Saba if that is the best option. However, I'd like to avoid the hassle if one of those other islands offers comparable dive experiences. I'm hoping for some good dive sites at Montserrat, as there isn't much else to do there.

Any advice on how to get the best dives possible out of this family non-diving trip? Thanks!

I have read many positive reviews of diving in St Maarten. Not sure how the flying diving same day thing is going to work out.

From St Maarten, Saba is definitely your best bet. Depending on your preference and the ferry's schedule, you can either fly to Saba and do three dives or take the Edge ferry and get either two or three (not sure when the ferry arrives/departs Saba). In any case, get in touch with Lynn at Sea Saba (www.seasaba.com) and she can help you with all the arrangements, including diving, travel to Saba, and taxi, if needed.

Back
Top Bottom