Easter Island Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Bug-Guy and everyone.

Bug-guy:
g2 - Good stuff! If there was a diving version of the Rough Guide, you could pick up a few bucks writing for it. Your notes are really encouraging, thanks. Can I assume you're finishing up the summer down South? You don't over winter, do you?

I'm wintering. And already jonesing for some warm sun and a tropical beach... :14:

To answer your question about other dive spots in Chile, I've heard there's some on Robinson Crusoe island but I haven't been there. (S'posed to be some buried treasure there too. Aaarrr, break out yer pirate hat!)

Don't know of any other places in Chile, but I may be going through Cusco on my way home this time -- not sure if there's any diving available around Lake Titicaca but that would be a scream to put in the log book.

glenn

Thanks!. I have been reading about it and it seems Easter Island is the best place to dive if you are in Chile. I am moving down there in 2-3 months and just came back from Santiago a few weeks ago.

The flights from Santiago to Easter Island are around $600-900 dollars. Round trip. Sometimes they have specials, but I think is cheaper to just fly to Tahiti from Santiago and then stop over in Easter Island (free). The price to Tahiti was like $1100-1300.

22C is damn cold.. at least for me. Nice Report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom