Easter Egg Hunt - Lake Travis, Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

austindiver

Registered
Reaction score
Received this today from SCUBALAND.

I signed up two weeks ago and was told they egg hunt is run like a Poker Run. Go get 5 eggs, surface, open the eggs, retrieve the playing cards from inside, best hand wins.

Was told there will be fun for non-divers as well. My family and I plan to camp out Saturday in case anyone wants to make a weekend of it we plan to be there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Divers,

Have we got a deal for you ... Free Movie Tickets! Underwater Easter Egg Hunt with over $4000 in prizes! Great dive trips! And, our usual assortment of great prices and products!!

FREE MOVIE TICKETS - Come by the store to pick up your FREE tickets to see a sneak preview of Ghosts of the Abyss, a new James Cameron Film about the Titanic. The movie is on April 10 at 830pm at Regal Metropolitan Cinema (IH-35 and Stassney Lane).

2nd Annual Underwater Easter Egg Hunt - The first year was so much fun that we decided to do it again. And, we have even more prizes than last year!!
April 20 at Windy Point Park (the private side). The festivities begin at noon and the diving begins at 2pm. Come join us for FREE food and lots of prizes ... Zeagle Escape BCD, Oceanic Computer, TUSA Regulator, U/W lights, Scuba Accessories ... over $4000 worth of prizes! Be sure to come by the store to sign up for the Easter Egg Hunt. If you sign up in advance, you get a discounted entry to the park on April 20. Get more details at www.scubaland.com
Be sure to check our website for the latest details on Dive Trips for 2003 and 2004. We have great destinations planned for you! Roatan, Palau, Bali, Sipadan Water Village, Cocos Island, Truk ... it's great diving and great fun! www.scubaland.com

If you haven't been by the store to see our new Scuba Pro inventory .. you gotta do it!! You wouldn't even believe all the great new products we now carry ... BCDs, Regulators, Fins, Mask, Wetsuits ... great stuff!!

Hope to see you soon,

Scubaland

but dang, it's too cold right now!! And with the near freeze tonight, I don't think the water is going to warm up that much by 4/20 ....... I only have a 3 mil!!:eek:

Sounds like a trip... Too bad i can't go... I don't even own a 3 mil yet....

Wonder how the idea of underwater poker came around

and the Easter Bunny .....?? Only in Texas!!! Of course divers will make up anything to get wet too!!:wink:

No, I do not work for them but there are a few reasons why I use ScubaLand as my LDS. One is they have a huge stock and a great selection. Best I have seen in Texas. Of course, I don't get out much. They have a large selection of wetsuits for purchase but they also have setsuits in their rental fleet. Even a few drysuits for those so inclined and trained.

As for the water temp I would venture a guess the dives will be fairly shallow <40 feet so the water temps will probably hover around 58-64.

Check http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html for current conditions.

You know you could always just come to laugh at all the blue skinned people exiting the water.

Tom's in Austin is doing their Easter Egg Hunt this weekend .... here's the link...

http://www.tomsscuba.com/localdives/easter-frameset.htm

We purchased our wetsuits at Scubaland, and recently my Zeagle BC. They're pretty good at price matching or running sales ...... I like Tom's as well, as the group there is real friendly ..... and they'ver offered several times to let us check out our equip in their pool as long as it's not in use for a class ...... they just said call and ask....

And I like my temps in the seventies!!:eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom