East Timor: Nov. 1 pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
9874drw4-11-01_172.jpg

9874drw4-11-01_178.jpg

9874drw4-11-01_088.jpg

9874drw4-11-01_125.jpg

Fabulous again! I'm so jealous...have to work today and tomorrow so again no diving!!

I think you should put a note that says you are only using the camera & housing without external strobes or lenses at the bottom of your sig...it would be good to let ppl see that it is talent and practice, not equipment, that make incredible images :)

Thanks all !! :):blushing::)

Alcina, credit must be given to the law of probability. Those few halfway decent photos that come out of my camera are a result of taking 10-15 shots of each subject, most of which are 1) the really slow moving - like nudibranchs and pufferfish 2) the stationary - like anemones and other corals and 3) the territorial - like clownfish. Out of a 250 shot dive, the harsh reality is that only 4-5 come out OK. Harrummph!! Still working at it..........

calypsonick:
Thanks all !! :):blushing::)

Alcina, credit must be given to the law of probability. Those few halfway decent photos that come out of my camera are a result of taking 10-15 shots of each subject, most of which are 1) the really slow moving - like nudibranchs and pufferfish 2) the stationary - like anemones and other corals and 3) the territorial - like clownfish. Out of a 250 shot dive, the harsh reality is that only 4-5 come out OK. Harrummph!! Still working at it..........

humble too :wink: what a man

Great shots again. Love the colours in the last one with the green anemone and clown.

Truth be known, we all do the same thing! :wink:

These shots are great! :thumb: I really look for your posts for my pixel fix!

calypsonick:
Out of a 250 shot dive, the harsh reality is that only 4-5 come out OK. Harrummph!! Still working at it..........[/font][/size]
That many good ones ?!!!! Ive got my work cut out for me.

Thanks for posting, with Gilligan gone I won't have my cyberdive gills drying out with you around.

calypsonick:
Alcina, credit must be given to the law of probability. font]

Credit must be given to the photographer! :dazzler1: Stand up and take a bow. You are out there, you are taking the time to get the shot right, you are making the most of the tools at your disposal, you are constantly learning and evolving and you are putting up some stunning images that not only make us envy you, but give us something to strive for!

I think that (your post) is invaluable advice...you should stick it in the getting started Sticky thread. Many do not realize what our trash baskets look like!! I often hear "mine didn't turn out as good as yours"...but like many people simply don't take the time to try new things. I've seen lots of good snap shots, but they'll never compare to shoot, evaluate, reshoot, evaluate, reshoot (or shoot, alter settings/position etc, shoot, alter settings/position etc for film users!)

I totally agree with alcina....take a bow! You are using your brain and gaining experience to produce photos like these. AND you are doing it with only the basic camera features, not depending on strobes and lenses. I'd put some of your photos up against some I've seen taken with fancier very expensive rigs.

Remember...it's the eye behind the camera that makes a photo, not the hardware in front of that eye!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom