East Timor: July 23 - Colorful Walls of Atauro Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
05-07-23atauro094.jpg

05-07-23atauro287.jpg

05-07-23atauro143.jpg

05-07-23atauro241.jpg

05-07-23atauro101.jpg

More pictures from Atauro Island here

Nice. What the hey are the last two (the fuzzy white creature next to the soft coral, and the spaceship glowing alien thingy)? Certainly are some fascinating critters in your part of the world.

yeah,what is that one picture of? Looks like it was taken under a microscope.

BTW, Your gallery seems not to be working. Only see the thumbprints. The pictures are x :11:

marpacifica:
Nice. What the hey are the last two (the fuzzy white creature next to the soft coral, and the spaceship glowing alien thingy)? Certainly are some fascinating critters in your part of the world.

Thanks. I think the fuzzy thing is a bunch of translucent sea squirts. As for the jelly, Wolverine ID'ed it as a comb jelly.

justleesa:
yeah,what is that one picture of? Looks like it was taken under a microscope.

BTW, Your gallery seems not to be working. Only see the thumbprints. The pictures are x :11:

The last shot is some kind of jelly. I was calling is a "Gnome's Hat Jelly" until Wolverine Id'ed it.

I have asked TechAdmin to help me with the gallery glitch. Thanks, Leesa.

Wolverine:
nice shot on the combjelly! I wonder how long it will take me to fly to East Timor..

Thanks, wolverine. Hong Kong - Denpasar is about 4 hours and Denpasar- Dili is 1.5 hours. You coming?

Really nice shots. I love the colours you are getting.
The pictures in the Atauro island gallery are also very nice.
Is your camera able to synchronize the flash with 1/1000 shutter speed? This is really great to make a nice black background like you do. With my camera I can not do more than 1/250.

Very nice shots keep those normal angles (soft coral) coming. With the sharp focus, fine detail and knock out colors, what type of add on lens did you use?

Dive Safe

Back
Top Bottom