East Timor - Jan. 9 "A slew of slugs"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
987405-01-09bf_038.jpg

987405-01-09bf_247.jpg

987405-01-09bf_172.jpg

987405-01-09bf_112.jpg

Way cool!

Joe

OK...I'm not Nudie officionado so I have a question. The first one has this big gill thingy in the middle of his back. So does the last one, more like horns. The second one has horns on its head yet the third one doesn't look like it has a head at all. So I guess my question is what's the difference? Are some true Nudibranchs and some Slugs or Flatworms?

BTW...very good pics!

The third is actually a polyclad flatworm (not really a nudi). The rest are different species I think. The first look like a chromodoris, while the second looks like a nebrontha. Not sure about the third though.. Let me go check my books... :sprint:

The first one's my favorite. I am disgustingly ignorant regarding the details of nudibranchs. Dang.

ok..number 4 is Thecacera picta, number 1 is Jorunna rubescens and number 2 looks like an Elysia.

Man, there are so many species of nudis!!! :shocked:

I enjoy a good slugging!!!

Thanks Nick.

Awesome pixs, Nick.
Keep them coming!

Back
Top Bottom