East Timor: Dec. 21 - More parrots and an eel - K41 at Night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
PC210313.jpg

PC210325.jpg

PC210320.jpg

PC210426.jpg

PC210305.jpg

PC210336.jpg

PC210385.jpg

midwestdvr:
Awesome pics as always. May I ask what is that on the 5th pic?

Midwest - thanks, I think this guy is a juvenile/sub-adult Spotted Sweetlips. When very young their fins are very frilly and lace like and they wiggle continuously, supposedly mimicking toxic flatworms, accourding to one source.

dbh:
just out of the photo...he has his knife stuck thru the Parrot Fish.....:D

Jamdiver and Dave, it was actually a spear from my speargun and boy did they cook up good on the BBQ!! :wink: No, all joshin' aside, they were asleep and this dive site is great because it has nooks and crannies where the parrotfish like to hide and sleep. I am going to have to start comparing my shots from dive to dive to see if I can't recognize the same individuals from their markings, like they do with Orcas. Then to really go overboard, they can get names assigned to them too. :06:

Fantastic...I love the Sweet Lips, don't see very many of those.

I always look forward to your pics. They're beautiful, as always!! Thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom