East Timor Apr. 16 pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
P4163782.jpg

P4163694.jpg

P4163747.jpg

P4163651.jpg

05-04-16br42.jpg

Great sunbursts, obviously some great diving down there. ONe of these days....

So got to ask...Tweak-a-nator?? is that the new PSCS2?

lol...nope, just ol' PSCS the 1st :wink:. I don't like to change things so much as make sure that I am getting the best out of the image that I shot. That's one reason I shoot RAW.

That's the reason I don't get my film/slides developed at the drug store (at least our drug store!)

That soft coral is begging for a little tlc, IMHO.

Alcina, tweak away, if you like. I am still having problems with the calibration of my screens. So as to avoid dark photos, I work on my laptop with the brightness turned way down. That way when I see them on my desktop screen they don't turn out too dark. As for color, I used the techniques you shared on my last photos by boosting the red and yellow saturation sliders a smidge.

Are the colors still looking washed out to you ?

Maybe I need to look at another way to calibrate my screen. Aye?

I am getting a bit duller colours than I know are in there. I've taken a minute to try this one...I had to put screen on screen coz I wasn't sure what I was doing was changing much at all, but it looks like it did.

One tip that I just got from a friend who is totally into uw photography is at the end of all PSing, go back to the Levels menu and look at the right hand side. If you are anything like me (or him) you can slide the right hand slider to the left just slightly for a "proper" exposure...sometimes this is a miracle worker and the image you thought was spot on POPS.

Is this brighter/better? It's such a fabulous shot :D

05-04-16br42_alcina.jpg

OH yeah, in selective colour, don't overlook the black and white sliders.

When I have time to play I usually go down the list of colours. I do huge changes first to see what will happen then go back to zero. I do this on plus and minus sides. Only if I get more detail do I then fine tune. Otherwise they all stay on zero. It would be a rare image than I move those sliders more than one or two bumps left or right. I also enlarge my image as much as possible to see.

This is fun. I am really learning. Playing with things is the only way it clicks for me :wink:

Selective colours?

Black and white? Point me in the right direction please. I only get the colours no black and white, but thats in colour adjustments so not sure where you find selective colours...got to go look at the other computer i guess.

Never mind, found it. Haven't used that one before. I mostly use curves, trying to find black or white or grey points etc. Also do RAW.
Will try that and see how it goes...thanks for mentioning it

Back
Top Bottom