East Side Bar Hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right the direction is not important, as long as you hit them all...

Thanks for the feedback, I'll let you guys know which direction we picked when we get back.

Less than 5 days now till I hit the ground down there...

sealskin98:
Gordon, would I be able to sign the t-shirt also?

Probably not, but please don't try, OK? It's kind of a continuing account of our trips there.

James Goddard:
Well if you want to count the "non licencend rides", my first experience involved a barn. It went somthing like, a little gas, a little clutch, oh, not enough clutch, let off the clutch, oh **** wheelie, is that a barn in front of me....

You get the idea....
On my first trip to Coz back in 1978, it was my folks, myself, and my bro and sis. We rented mopeds (which really were mopeds back then), and we went tooling around the island - the folks in a jeep and the three "kids" (we were in our 20's). We befriended these two young women, also on mopeds, also inexperienced at motorcycles, and they were traveling with us.

We were at Chankanaab, which was just a little open air restaurant between the lagoon and the ocean in those days. When it was time to go, one of the girls hopped on her bike, which was pointed into the restaurant, and somehow managed to start it up in gear. My dad ran up behind her and lifted the rear wheel clear of the ground and stopped her when she was just inches from careening into a table full of locals, who were sitting there deer-in-the-headlights wide-eyed. They were not amused.

while at Coconuts, don't forget to ask to look at the "family albums" if they are not aready being passed around.
also take heed of Christi's advice, the drinks at Coconuts are VERY strong, so use discression.
have a great trip!
the shark

sharky60:
while at Coconuts, don't forget to ask to look at the "family albums" if they are not aready being passed around.
also take heed of Christi's advice, the drinks at Coconuts are VERY strong, so use discression.
have a great trip!
the shark

Also use discretion when viewing the albums; they are not for kids or the easily offended.

On another forum, I saw a post from a guy whose girlfriend was frantically trying to get all prints and negatives of compromising pictures taken of her at Coconuts (lotsa luck to her on THAT quest); it seems her father was planning a trip to Cozumel and would probably go to Coconuts. Oops. There's yet another reason for you to excercise discretion at Coconuts, especially when free tequila shots are involved... ;^)

to go to these places, you can book a taxi and get him to come back> this is what I read in a travel book- but would like to know if it is easily done/reliable?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom