East End GC...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chibracdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have never dived the east end on Grand Cayman. Some 7 Mile spots, but mostly the Brac and LC. We are going to stay on 7 Mile in July and need some insight on the east end. What shop to dive with, any wrecks, best way to get out there as we want to try to avoid as much G'town traffic as possible, even just considering a cab ride out.

Any insight would be appreciated?

Also, as a fall back plan...who has the best diving on 7 Mile? I have dived before with Divers Down and have been satisfied but some of the sites were underwhelming. How's the shore diving off Sunset House?

I have never dived the east end on Grand Cayman. Some 7 Mile spots, but mostly the Brac and LC. We are going to stay on 7 Mile in July and need some insight on the east end. What shop to dive with, any wrecks, best way to get out there as we want to try to avoid as much G'town traffic as possible, even just considering a cab ride out.

Any insight would be appreciated?

Also, as a fall back plan...who has the best diving on 7 Mile? I have dived before with Divers Down and have been satisfied but some of the sites were underwhelming. How's the shore diving off Sunset House?

There are only two diver operators in East End - Ocean Frontiers and Tortuga Divers. Ocean Frontiers dives with Al80s and Tortuga Divers dives with Al72s.

There are no regularly dived wrecks in East End. There are dramatic wall dives on both the north and south shores of East End. Along the south shore and east tip of the island are shallow dives with lots of swim throughs.

You would be better off to rent a car to ride out to East End. A taxi ride would be about US$60 each way. The easiest way to give directions out of George Town is not the most direct. It is easiest to simply follow the coast through South Sound and then pick up Shamrock Road heading east. Your rental car agency should provide a map.

Back
Top Bottom