East coast currents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jomcclain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are in Bonaire for vacation and are wondering about east coast boat dives. Specifically, I’m wondering about current. Husband had a knee replacement a couple years ago and that leg is not as strong as the other. I know that of course there would be some current on east coast, but how strong of a current should we expect. How would you compare the current to Cozumel?

My bride has two knee replacements. She loves diving with East Coast Divers. There is surge and can be some significant wave action, but not much by way of current in our experience. It might be worth driving out to the dock to talk to the crew about conditions and get their recommendation, but I think you'd both be fine.

East Coast Divers is a quality operation. In multiple dives with them, the only serious current was fighting surge to get from the White Hole to the Turtle City drop-off. They can avoid that if the customers request.

I wouldn't worry too much. The dives are drifts so not much finning required. The boat will throw out a line which you can pull yourself up to the boat with. no need to fight surge, just time your kicking.
East Coast Divers will look after you.

Thanks to all who replied. We loved Bonaire and will plan on scheduling with EC Divers before we return. Unfortunately, for this trip, they were already booked up by the time I tried to get on the schedule.

Glad you had a good trip!

Back
Top Bottom