Easiest gloves to put on wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cold diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After the first dive I have a SI some snacks and maybe something to wash it down with, get ready and gear up for the second dive pull that cold clammy hood on and then....... do battle with my soggy gloves.
For me this usually involves a few choice words muttered under my breath coming close to bursting a blood vessel while performing a major feat of strength and determination to wriggle into them. Maybe this is just me but if there is any moisture in my gloves at all it is the hardest part of dive number 2.

I have 5MM Waterproof brand gloves and they are the toastiest gloves I have tried and the gauntlet is great (mostly for leverage).

Are there easier gloves to put on? And before anybody ask my hands are average for a 6' guy and I didn't even get my thumbs tangled up in the keyboard typing this:D

I usually spray a bit of watered down baby shampoo in my gloves; goes on easy; the baby shampoo also works as a good anti-fog.

Try the Henderson Hyperstretch gloves. We dive in 45*F water here and (for me) the 5mm gloves work fine. Going to 7mm shouldn't be an issue with the hyperstretch if you need to go thicker.

Wet your hands before putting back into wet gloves. The idea of putting baby powder into a wet glove makes me think it may get a little scummy in there with a baby powder smell?

You can get a box of these at any hardware store (Latex free painter gloves) . Put them on , gear up and your gloves will slide right one. In the old days when boots did not have zippers, we used to do the same thing with our feet. Plastic grocery bags work well.

Just my 2 cents worth

I second the Hyper stretch. I switched because I hated the velcro on most thicker gloves around the wrist.

i find the merino lined pinnacle gloves to be pretty easy to put on when wet. Much better than some bare ones i used in the past. The best part is, 5mm and merino is mighty warm (have used them at temps down to 40f.) and they still allow for very good dexterity.

Back
Top Bottom