Earth Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just curious if anyone is interested in doing the Earth Day Clean-up dive. I would like to do but don't have a buddy.

Is anyone going?

Attachments

• 2008DiveInEarthDayFlyer[1].pdf
    258.9 KB · Views: 71
I'd like to go. I've tried to pick up some very good habits from one of my dive buddies, who makes it a point to collect any random garbage during the dive; but I still think an organized effort like this is great for the community.

I always pick up trash, and have even gotten a broken off broom for our efforts (courtesy of the Breakwater's middle reef area). Let me know if you want to sign up as I would really enjoy doing it if this cold clears by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know ill probably end up being there, may have my other buddy go as well, but I have't asked yet. I would like to do my part and clean the wetter side of the earth :).

I always pick up trash, and have even gotten a broken off broom for our efforts (courtesy of the Breakwater's middle reef area). Let me know if you want to sign up as I would really enjoy doing it if this cold clears by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Not sure about how you are feeling, however assuming you and anyone else here decides to go whats the plan?

Do we want to specify a time/place for SBer's to meet?

I got me a "trash" bag this weekend, so im ready!

between Saturday and Sunday I found a plastic fork, a beer can, some random, paper and what looked like some glass from a beer bottle at Mcabee beach.

Count me in for sure I'd love to help out with cleaning up the ocean.

I would love to go Saturday as well. That would be dive #5 for me. I don't have a buddy so it would be awesome if I could join in a group.

-Katherine

Okay, I am waiting to hear about the possibility of my going on a boat. In that vein, you all should unite + organize so that you can get out there. The Del Monte clean up is an organized dive, with a fee ($25, which is fairly nominal), so get on their list. If my boat thing falls through, I will be there with you all. :D

Pshh I see how you are!

As a note you apparently dont need to pay the registration fee if you dont want to take part in the lunch/raffle/free t-shirt portion.

kmmkiwi feel free to join up with me /us (Jeff & I & ...).

Back
Top Bottom