Ears and nausea, a possible cure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawn

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I tried out the ProEar 2000 mask this past weekend. It was a real relief for my ears. My left eardrum is acting up a bit the day after, but nothing like before. This mask relieved the pressure I was having and kept the cold water and pressure out. What a great invention! I also made ginger tea and drank that instead of coffee before my dive. Oh I still had one cup of coffee but then changed to ginger tea. It is supposed to calm the stomach and nausea. Well I didn't have any nausea. Now maybe it's because I didn't have any bad ear problems but I'll try the tea again next time. It can't hurt. I'm just glad that I'm back in the water!
Have a great day,
Dawn

Your right that ginger will help calm the stomach. And if you check your local asian grocery, you can get crystalized ginger candy. A nice treat that will help settle your stomach.

Originally posted by TexasMike
Your right that ginger will help calm the stomach. And if you check your local asian grocery, you can get crystalized ginger candy. A nice treat that will help settle your stomach.

Ginger? I had no idea. Thanks Mike. I had some trouble with seasickness yesterday, but it was a pretty rough day. Still, if anyone else has some clever tips, I'd love to hear them.

Kimmie

Thanks TexasMike, I know that they sell it I just didn't get to the store. Glad you replied though, my son and husband think these natural ideas are just a head game. I know they work. Good to hear someone else say so. I'm sure too much coffee doesn't help so I'm going to cut back. That's why I thought the tea would help. I'll pick up the candy also.
Dawn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom