Early Jan. Anilao, PG and Palawan dive trip for 2 weeks need advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I just decided to trip to Philippines for diving after Christmas end of this year.
Yes, it's high season and probably not best time...but I get a time.
I've been diving in Philippines few times before, but never been to Anilao, PG or Palawan.
I could have 2 week+ for diving, so I should stay few places.
I love underwater photography and muck diving, also very interested in wreck diving at Coron bay.
What's the route is better to move each diving spots?
I am thinking
1. Manila --(road)--> Anilao --(ferry)--> PG --(ferry?)--> Coron --(air)--> Manila
2. Manila --(road&ferry)--> PG --(ferry?)--> Palawan & Coron --(air)--> Manila
Or other way (fly to Palawan first).
Does anyone knows how to move from PG to Palawan (Coron)?
And do you recommend any dive services at each area?
I've heard SeaRider in PG is reasonable and good service.
And diving in Palawan is any good? or should I stay only in Coron Bay?
Oh I'm solo traveler this time
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Segoe UI, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Thank you..[/FONT]

Two weeks to cover Anilao, PG and Coron!!!! Too greedy to say the least.
I believe there is once a week ferry serving between Manila and Coron but not from PG. But Regs II runs regular diving trip from PG to Apo Reef and Coron and according to its latest schedule the boat is available for charter in Jan. Probably too expernsive for a single diver!!
Coron/Anilao or Coron/PG would be my suggestion. If the connection between Coron with the rest of the country is too tedious then Anilao with PG.
The wrecks in Coron are great. Highly recommended. I can happily spend two weeks diving those wrecks.
Staying in Coron town is cheap but the wrecks are miles away. While staying closer-by to the wrecks will cost a lot more!!!!!

Hello all,

I just decided to trip to Philippines for diving after Christmas end of this year.
Yes, it's high season and probably not best time...but I get a time.
I've been diving in Philippines few times before, but never been to Anilao, PG or Palawan.
I could have 2 week+ for diving, so I should stay few places.
I love underwater photography and muck diving, also very interested in wreck diving at Coron bay.
What's the route is better to move each diving spots?
I am thinking
1. Manila --(road)--> Anilao --(ferry)--> PG --(ferry?)--> Coron --(air)--> Manila
2. Manila --(road&ferry)--> PG --(ferry?)--> Palawan & Coron --(air)--> Manila
Or other way (fly to Palawan first).
Does anyone knows how to move from PG to Palawan (Coron)?
And do you recommend any dive services at each area?
I've heard SeaRider in PG is reasonable and good service.
And diving in Palawan is any good? or should I stay only in Coron Bay?
Oh I'm solo traveler this time
Thank you..

Should be ok.i would suggest the following in order
1.fly manila to Coron. Spend 5 nights in coron, 4 dive days. There are approx 7 main wrecks and normally the dive shops cycle dive spots each day. Therefore you can see 6 wrecks then have a dive day spare to dive barracuda lake or repeat wreck dives. I stayed and dived with sea dive resort. Ok dive op. Basic accom with nice bar cafe. Lots of backpackers.
coron town is a basic place close to the airport. Good value. Takes about 70 mins to get to the wrecks from coron harbour.There is an expensive option to stay on an island close to the wrecks.
2. Fly coron- Manila and transfer to anilao resort same day (approx 3hrs by private car transfer, approx $80)I would recommend Club Oceallis.spend 4 days diving here. Normal to do 4 dives a day at Club O. Nothing else to do, eat, sleep,dive.
3. transfer from anilao to PG (road trip less than 60 mins, boat transfer approx 80 mins)and spend remainder of your time in PG,approx 4 days.
4. Return to manila, boat+private car or local bus.
i would do PG at the end so If you are dived out you can relax topside,drink,chill out. Asia divers or action divers are good ops I have used in the past.
personally I prefer the diving in anilao compared to PG , but PG is much better top sides so if you want to party spend more time in PG.

i have done similar trip in the past.

i have never been to palawan, but read that diving there is not as good. Travel to Palawan will also consume lots of your time , so if your are just diving just stick with coron, anilao and PG.

Last edited:
If you just want to SEE the wrecks in Coron then 4 days is probably enough. But how much can you see in one dive? One quick lap on the deck of Irako is all you get given the depth of it. More of less the same for Akitsushima.

Kevster,
If I spend a week in Coron and do wreck diving. which dive service and accommodation do you recommend?
Oh of course location is close to wreck, not town centre.

---------- Post added November 11th, 2014 at 11:53 AM ----------

Hi Kevster,
Thank you for your advice.
Well I will follow your idea. Fly to Coron first, and stay there for a week.
I didn't know so many wrecks there.
Then back to Manila and move to Anilao and PG. (I don't mind stay only Anilao this time).

Sangat Island Dive Resort: Home.

Website to dive resort very close to the wrecks in Coron. I think they have a fast speedboat so it should only take 5-10 mins to get to the wrecks. If you stay in Coron town with teh other dive resorts , time to the wrecks is approx 60-90 mins

thank you for your quick reply.
I checked their website, and simply too expensive for me.
I will use near airport this time. It's reasonable and I found good reviews.
Thanks anyway, Kevster.

Back
Top Bottom