Eardoc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had not heard of this device. I went to the website and read the single clinical study that is referenced. The results are intriguing, but there is some significant selection bias in the patients they enrolled in the study. It was not, so far as I can tell, published in any journal, as a Medline search for Eardoc comes up empty. This also raises a red flag as to the validity of the results. The final thing that bothered me was that the sellers claim this is useful for otitis externa, but claim the device works by opening the Eustachian tube, which has nothing to do with otitis externa (swimmer's ear).

I think it's an intriguing concept that may reward some further investigations. In the meantime, so long as one does not use it to avoid more standard treatment, I see little harm in its use. But, at $55, it is quite expensive.

check out the testimonial pages The eardoc is still the most efficient and non invasive device for treating ear infections, currently more clinical studies are being made and hopefully they would be published soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom