Ear problem (waterlogged?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
My ears seem to be causing some problems for me since Saturday... When I talk everything sounds muffled, and it's hard for me to hear others. Could this be water in the ears somewhere?

I've had this before, but never for this long...

Any tips/suggestions are appreciated!

Chris, sounds exactly like the problem I had after my pool training. I'm not going to speculate that the cause of your problem is the same as mine was but, in my case my problem was caused by a buildup of earwax that trapped water in my ear. I went to the doctor and had my ears flushed out and that took care of it.

I get waterlogged ears after diving and swimming. It's always remedied by using eardrops right after the dip (either with a commercial mixture such as Swim Ear or a home-made version made with surgical spirit and vinegar). The alcohol dries up the water in the ears and has the added antiseptic effect.

Chris,

I had a similar condition that persisted for about six days- which sent me to an Ear-Nose-Throat doctor. :doctor:

He put me on both a super-strength decongestant and an antibiotic (infection can occur due to fluid buildup in the eustachian tubes.) This cleared things up perfectly.

If the condition persists, I would recommend calling DAN and getting numbers for ENTs in your area.

Good Luck!:)
-JagM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom