E-PL2 or E-PM1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

interesting

Is there a wet wide angle lens for the oly housing without the focus lights?

Good call on the epm1 by the way. Finally got the chance to take mine out diving this weekend. All I can say is Wow. I upgraded from a Sealife camera.

Like Nikitish said, no there is not a WA lens for the housing without lights. You can use a wet diopter (e.g. - Subsee, Dyron) for macro with the flat port for the 14-42mm lens, but not with a dome port.

E-PM1 is a great update! Post some photos when you get a chance - Scott

Does the housing with lights still need the shading rings? Looking at it the size of the port glass is small enough I wasn't sure if it was still needed or not.

since i am completely migrating, EPM-1 will be coming to my house soon as well :wink:

Yup. Still debating between that and a GF set up, tho

If you are considering an E-PM1, you might want to decide by the 16th. They have a $100 instant rebate from many retailers right now that brings the price of the E-PM1 and kit lens down to $399.

I just bought the E-PM1 as an upgrade from my Canon G10 and Canon UW housing. My instant reaction when I opened the box was, "where are all the buttons?" I'm used to shooting a DSLR setup and I love all those buttons I can program. I also love the weight of a DSLR, which is one thing that pushed me to spend the extra on the PM1 since I had heard the PL1 was a little chincy and too lightweight. Honestly I don't feel the PM1 is much heftier and isn't as heavy as I'd like it to be, but I'm a little jaded on what a good camera should weight. I have been blown away by the video quality and I love how smooth the lens zooms while shooting video. I have never had this before and I can't get enough of it :) You can quicken focus by pressing shutter button halfway just as if you were taking a picture. This has helped me a good bit with the slow gradual focus in video mode. All in all I love this little guy so far, and intend to expand and buy a few m4/3 or 4/3 lenses.

All in all I love this little guy so far, and intend to expand and buy a few m4/3 or 4/3 lenses.

Be very careful which 4/3 lenses you buy because you will need an adapter and then you will lose your AF speed, the older 4/3 lenses are very slow to focus and this is really brought out with the micro 4/3 cameras. . .
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom