Question E/O Cord socket, does this exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good inputs, thank you very much.

The Wam Cords seem to be much stronger then E/O cords und fully compatibel WAM Cords - Bruchsichere Elektrokabel, 65,00 € I hope they will last longer then E/O.

Heat is not proportional to voltage it is overproportional. +10% Voltage -> +21% Heat But this does not matter at all. The diver will plug in his suit und wait until he is warm again, then plug out. No matter if this takes 5 min or 1 hour. A faster and stronger heating is perfectly OK.

I will not use a voltage regulator. Everything which is not there can not break. But thanks for the idea anyway.

Thanks for the splitter warning. I guess current on a dry suit heating is rather high, I splitter might be to much indeed. I think I will make 2-3 plugs, one for each diver.
Durability is a function of the plated connectors and how they mate as well as the arc that occurs when you plug them in under load which is why you at least need an on/off switch to not try to plug them in while it's powered.
Looks like those WAM cords are rated at 18a which is good, since each vest will pull about 3a, though I would still use something other than E/O on the boat side.

Nick the question was not "What results does google find for IP68 plug?" the question was "What kind of IP68 connectors do you use?" I hope Snusmumrik will tell us.
Weipu SP21 series (SP2110 socket + SP2111 plug), they are 25A-rated, but beware - not wet-connected.
A bit clumsy looking, but it can be connected and tighten when wearing dry gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom