e-mail notification of new posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
this maybe a silly question but..

Is there a way to get instant e-mail notification of a post in a thread that I have posted in. Rather than getting weekly or daily updates?

Thanks
Jason

Yup.. go to your User CP, click Edit Options, and if you scroll down a little you will see the Messaging and Notification Options section. Right in the middle of it is a drop down box that lets you select when you wish to receive thread updates.

I believe it only applies on threads subscribed to *after* you change this option.

However, simply going to your User CP will show you all subscribed threads that have recently had postings. I much prefer this to the constant barrage of email.

yes... in the drop down menu *thread tools* you can subscribe to the thread and in your CP (control panel) you can elect to receive email notification of posts to subscribed threads. Be careful with this... you could end up spamming your mail box with notifications if you subscribe to too many threads... especially ones about which color snorkle is DIR. :D

If you already have a subscription to a thread with a mail setting you don't like - just find the thread and unsubscribe from it then resubscribe. You can choose the notification type for just that thread if your control panel setting isn't what you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom