Dving conditions PR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdelannoy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to be diving later this week on the southern side of PR. If anyone out there has been down to PR this summer, how about giving a shout regarding water conditions, vis, temp and such. I'd like to hear any tips and so on. I'll be diving with westdivers PR.

PD:D

Water conditions don't really change much on that end of the island. It will be hot, sunny, dry, and windy. Water is always clear and calm. Are you going to be in La Parguera, Guanica, Cabo Rojo?

Here in Aguada and Rincon, the visibility varies drastically in the summer. When it rains, all of the rivers dump out mud and pollution that the Puerto Ricans inland dump into the water. When we go a couple of days without much rain, the water is clear.

Down in the southern end of the island, there is very little rain, and they don't have the rivers dumping into the ocean, so it's not as much of an issue. I would expect your trip to be par for the course.

A tip: wear plenty of sunscreen. I have been sunburned in under 12 minutes just hosing off my terrace.

Thanks for getting back to me. We are going to La Parguera and will have a rental car. We should have afternoons free and I was wondering about potential shore diving at locations away from La Parguera? Or any other recommendations for additional diving reasonably close to La Parguera.

Or for that matter beaches, etc.

PD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom