Dutch Springs Get Together (April 11-13): Final Preparations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Sherwood once bubbled...
A special thanks to Matt & Olga, who held back the urge to yell at me when I called them in the middle of the night and asked for a ride from/to the airport.

How do you yell at a guy who takes the time to fly down on his own dime to talk to and help out a bunch of people that he's never met?

:)

The whole weekend was great. It was just really a fun time to get together with a bunch of divers who really think similarly, have common goals, and go about doing things in a lot of the same ways. It really helped forge some immediate bonds between people that might not otherwise have been there.

And, seriously, it was a total treat to have Bob come out and join the group. Everyone who wanted one/asked for one was given a gear review and Bob even set to work making some of the changes. It was just a pleasure to be able to spend the day with him and hear all the stories.

Like I said on Sunday, we have to start planning the next get together so that we can get all the players back together in order to partake of some of Ernie's soup and Ken's spare gear. :D

I will put up some of the pics just as soon as I can.

Later,
kkm

Great King Kong Matt,
Would love to see everyone. I hope maybe you can all organize another trip in May sometime. Taat2d and I wanted to come but he has some drysuit issues currently and I am in school FT until early May and work 2 weekends per month at my hospital - if I had known about DS earlier I could have made some arrangements at work sooner....oh well, NEXT time we'll BE there!

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
Like I said on Sunday, we have to start planning the next get together so that we can get all the players back together in order to partake of some of Ernie's soup and Ken's spare gear. :D

Hot soup is only for the cold water season. Wait till you've tried my "made to order, gourmet steak burgers" (we also do soy burgers for those non-meat eaters :wink: )

Waterlover once bubbled...
Did you order your drysuit this morning?

that I hadn't made a mistake, but yes, I now have a drysuit. I bought a used CF200 (what does that CF stand for O-Ring?) off of ebay. It fits me well and I looked it over with the LDS owner (some of you met him on Sunday down there) and it looks to be in good shape. :)

I'm also buying a pair of PST LP95s today, (not doubling them up yet, but who knows? ); B/P and wings is next, so I'll look considerably different in my gear next time you see me.

41 degrees in a wetsuit was fun for chalking up the experience, but I'll be happy to go dry in cold water next time... :D

(what does that CF stand for O-Ring?)

What the heck do any of DUI's model codes stand for? CF is crushed neoprene...what's the "F"?? TLS? CLX??

Glad to got the suit. Just double up the tanks :). BP and wings will feel a lot better than the jacket you were diving last weekend. See you next time.

Eric

Damm, your good. I think Oring and I came up with a few unoffical terms as well :D

Eric

It's not a well known fact, but the letters stand for the people involved with the teams that developed the fabrics.

CF stands for Peter C ooper and Philo T Farnsworth.

TLS stands for James Thurber, Henry W. Longfellow and Dr. Theodor S. Geisel

CLX stands for Julia Carpenter, Lazariouz Lane, and Charles F. Xavier.

Back
Top Bottom