Dutch Springs Get Together (April 11-13): Final Preparations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did two 30 minute dives in my wetsuit on Saturday morning. Water temp was 41 degrees and I didn't really feel cold at all except for the blocks of ice I used to refer to as my hands. :)

It was fun to meet some of the folks and put some faces to names, but I decided to pack it up and leave after two dives. Seemed like everyone else was done for the day and I didn't feel a burning need to stay another night and dive wet again.

I'm sure there will be more posts from those who stayed both days...

Did you order your drysuit this morning?

Drysuit almost mandatory, eh? I would love to do a trip report, but I am pretty slammed at work today. A good time was had by all and we got a visit from Bob Sherwood on Sunday. He flew all the way down just to hang out with us for the day, so I wanted to publicly thank him for doing that.

Hopefully Ernie can forgive him someday, right Ken? :wink:

Most of us have been in Ernie's shoes. Some of us more than once. Hopefully the painful assimilation process wounds will heal quickly and Bob will be forgiven.
I'd also like to Thank Bob for his time. It's great to have someone who's willing to come out share his knowledge and time with us.

Well, once we finished the dive and piled into O-ring's happy mobile (lime green bug) in the side parking lot, everyone just mellowed out and didn't feel totally connected to the world till today, at least I didn't. Amazing how many wet divers can pile into one of thoes when there is an incentive.

Was fun to see everyone, should do it again sometime, perhaps when the water is a little warmer and hopefuly by then I'll be "one with my drysuit".

Sounds like you guys had a good but cold time. My Girlfriend and I will be at dutch May 10th for the day. We will be there most of the summer, so hopefully we can setup another meet when the water is a little warmer.

...Sorry I had to miss it...I spoke to Bob Sherwood this morning to order new fins to fit my drysuit, he's a heck of a nice guy. If there was ever ONE LDS shop shop that I would want to deal with, All About Scuba (plug here? Hee Hee) is it.

Although currently I dive OMS I'm open to what Bob will have to show me when I go down to meet him in person after school gets out in 4 wks. I'm seriously looking at taking the DIR:F course from Bob in July...as long as the funds cooperate!

I really wanted to get down there and meet the faces that goes with the names on the message board, and meet Bob. Perhaps in May everyone can do it again. Unfortunately, I found out about the event only a week before hand, so I did't have enough time to put for the time off at work. Sheesh! Next time...

Sounds like everyone had fun despite the cold water...

:boom: :boom:

O-ring once bubbled...
Hopefully Ernie can forgive him someday, right Ken? :wink:

There never was anything to forgive. I asked for it, and Bob was kind enough to show me. You never learn if you let your ego get in the way (besides, mine was due for a good trim) :wink:

I too, want to thank Bob for his help. He gave me some excellent pointers on my gear and configuration. Now what am I supposed to do with this pile of left over stuff that I don't need anymore?:confused:

Additional thanks are due to Ken and Stacy for the time they spent showing me the fun to be had swimming backwards and doing helocopter turns. And for their patience and suggestions on improving my trim.

Everyone will attest to the great weather, fantastic visibility, great companionship, food, fun and laughs, but for me the best part was the sharing of tricks, skills and ideas by some of the best divers in the northeast (you too O-ring, we're going to make you an honorary Yankee :wink:) We have to do this again soon! :D

Waterlover once bubbled...
Most of us have been in Ernie's shoes. Some of us more than once. ........

:eek: Oh NO!! I get to be humiliated again?:wink: Good thing I LIKE abuse.

Honestly, Bob was very gentle and I did ask for it. For the record, he never once used the "S" word. I think that was very kind of him.

I just wanted to say how nice it was to meet everyone. I had a great time hanging out with the group on Sunday. Thanks. I can't wait for the next outing. I always enjoy spreading the history of GUE and sharing info on equipment to people that are interested in hearing. Ernie was a great sport and should be commended for being open to changing some things. thanks to Ken for allowing the use of some of his equipment. And to all that helped with the equipment mods. A special thanks to Matt & Olga, who held back the urge to yell at me when I called them in the middle of the night and asked for a ride from/to the airport.
Best, Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom