Dutch Springs Get Together (April 11-13): Final Preparations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Sherwood once bubbled...
If someone can send a confirmation that people are still gonna be there Sunday, I'll plan for it. best,
bob

I for one am planning on getting in a couple of dives on Sunday. As long as I am on the road at a reasonable time (no later than 5pm, lets say), I can get back to Boston with no problems.

So, yeah, definitely plan on it...it should be a good time and a great way for us all to get acquainted.

Later,
kkm

Can we get a head count for Sunday? I'm not looking forward to diving 2 hours as it is on Palm Sunday, but if there's gonna be enough people there still diving then I'll be there.

What else am I going to do?

Ok lemme rephrase my last question. What time is everyone planning on packing up and leaving? I don't wanna show up there at 10:00AM to find the lot of you packing up and saying your goodbye's.

I'm shooting for Sunday also. Hope to get in a few dives and leave by 4pm.

Today is Wednesday 9 April. If you are residing on the NE Coast you know that we are having one of the worst stretches of Spring weather in years.

The latest report for Saturday in Philly (and Allentown is usually cooler) is high of 49 and possible a break in the clouds. Sunday is a bit better with a high of 54 and partly cloudy. It is not expected to freeze but the rain will continue until Friday evening.

The water temperature has not budged from a comfy 36-39 degrees. There is no thermocline.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
The popular opinion seems to be that we use the Penninsula. That's fine with me. Accordingly, I'll set up on a picnic table or two.

To get there, turn left after you enter the facility.

Sorry, Dan the penninsula is a RIGHT turn when you enter the facility then follow the road around to the left and down the hill. Last saturday we were all able to leave our cars parked down on the penninsula as there weren't that many people there. If it does get crowded then we will still be able to unload below and then just park on the top of the hill.

As some of the folks have mentioned this last weekend the water temp was 40 - 42 depending on who's computer we were looking at, mine, Ken's or Stacy's. Sure was nice meeting you guys. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of you this weekend.

Please add my name to the confirmed diver's both Saturday and all day Sunday (last dive for me will be around 3 with a 4 PM pack up). I'll be bringing my tent, stove and trusty soup pot (bring your own spoons) If you don't trust my cooking check with Stacy and Ken, I'm pretty sure they lived through it. :wink:

I plan on making at least two dives on Sunday and leaving by 2 p.m. or so.

According to the weather guessers the Philly area forcast has improved for this weekend. Saturday, some sun and 62 degrees and Sunday is sunny and 59 degrees.

If this forcast holds all of the divers at Dutch should be warm and comfortable. Only wish I could be there and meet all the screen names that have made (sometimes) great contributions to this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom