Dutch Springs Get Together (April 11-13): Final Preparations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the side I usually use, you can park for just long enough to unload, after which you are required to move the car.

I anticipate similar rules on the Penninsula.

I'll try to get to Staples for stuff to make a sign.

Parking.... I think they will let you park closer if it dead. So, we may be luck. Otherwise.....

Eric

Things might have changed. But, I remember the last time I was there we wre on the penninsula side. We parked out cars right next to the 3 picnic tables they had, and that's where we stayed parked all day. You might also wanna bring a tapr of something to put on the floor to walk on it's all dirst, rocks, and weeds over there.

Parking on the penisular side is limited to instructors/shops. You may drive down on and off load gear but must park in the upper lots.

The student side has parking near the tables on a first come basis. Because the student side is usually crowed, driving down and unloading gear may be next to impossible after 9:00 AM.

When I am holding classes, I usually arrive Friday evening and set up on the penisular side and leave my truck parked by the set up.

I would love to meet all of you at Dutch but at this date I may not be availiable. Sunday is the best bet. Enjoy the 39 degree water and 50 foot viz!

I just got off the phone with Dutch Springs.

There are tables available on a first come, first served basis on the Penninsula.

We can drive down and drop off our gear. If we have an instructor (PA/NJdiver???), then we can leave one vehicle down there. Otherwise, we must drop the gear and park in a nearby lot.

Depending on crowds, we may be able to remain down there. However, no guarantees.

Once again, REMEMBER YOUR C-CARDS AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE WAIVER FROM WWW.DUTCHSPRINGS.COM. YOU WILL GET IN FASTER.

I am committed to the wrecks seminar in Oswego on Saterday, however, if everyone plans on sticking around Sunday( they don't freeze their ______ off) I might come to meet the group. If someone can send a confirmation that people are still gonna be there Sunday, I'll plan for it. best,
bob

Dear Bob:

Some of us will be there in the morning for a couple of dives.

Personally, I plan to leave around lunch or shortly thereafter.

Welcome to the Board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom