Dutch Springs (April 11th-April 13th): The Aftermath + Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cadet diver once bubbled...
Nice picturs. We have a class going this weekend. How was the water level? Was the top of the island exposed?

I'm told that the water level was anywhere from 10-15 feet higher than normal. That was my first time there so I have no understanding of what "normal" is.

And no, the island was nowhere to be seen.

You might ask PA/NJ Diver or waterlover...both were there and both are much more familiar with DS than I am. :)

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Excellent. The water looks positively tropical. Why'd you all wear those heavy exposure suits, ya wimps?!

Brrrrr. That gives me a brain freeze just looking at the photos. :banging: Perhaps I'll make it to Dutch in May?

i was planning on going up there may 17th if anyone is interested..

Sorry I could not be there but the airplane is on the lower east side of the "island" and it is under 30 feet of water. The peak of the island is 20 under. Last summer it was 5 feet above the water.

They are calling me to the Dark Side.

Thanks for the great pictures, Eric.

Now that Bob is done dismantling my gear....anyone want a good deal on a barely used Dacor Rig Pro BC (size Lg) or a brand new Oceanic Data Pro Plus with only 5 dives on it?

TheRookMan once bubbled...
Now that Bob is done dismantling my gear....anyone want a good deal on a barely used Dacor Rig Pro BC (size Lg) or a brand new Oceanic Data Pro Plus with only 5 dives on it?

Pardon my tangent -- wasn't there this weekend... But what was the verdict on your BC and your computer? Obviously Bob is a DIR advocate, but what did you hear that is making you question your set-up?

(The reason I ask: I have a Rig 2, which I am happy with, and also use an Oceanic -- although it's the DataPlus Navcom console. So part of your set-up is close to mine...hence my curiosity.)

gfe

TheRookMan once bubbled...

E-Bay calls... :wink:

Curly
come to the next outing and bring your stuff. the group is great. <smiling......waiting.....> Bob

Bob Sherwood once bubbled...
Curly
come to the next outing and bring your stuff. the group is great. <smiling......waiting.....> Bob

That may ultimately turn into an expensive move... :wink:

And I *like* my BC. I really do.

Destined to go the BP/W route, yet clinging to my weight-integrated, rear-inflated BC, I remain,

gfe

Back
Top Bottom