Dutch 08/23/20 Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Went yesterday. Viz was really good for this time of year, 30' in spots. It may have helped that I don't think it's rained up there recently. Bottom temp was 52f I think.

Great dive. Did the pump house and the wall, both exceeded my expectations.

any time you can see more than 2' at Dutch is a good dive day.

any time you can see more than 2' at Dutch is a good dive day.

I've never been when it was that bad. I normally ask around and if it's not at least 10' I just won't go. With that said, for the most part I've always enjoyed Dutch. Yesterday was my 1st dive in 7 weeks or so since sinus surgery, so it was great to get back and have viz like that. I needed it, lol.

Edit: should say I don't mind the low viz....it's the never ending looking for the buddy that becomes a pain.

I've never been when it was that bad. I normally ask around and if it's not at least 10' I just won't go. With that said, for the most part I've always enjoyed Dutch. Yesterday was my 1st dive in 7 weeks or so since sinus surgery, so it was great to get back and have viz like that. I needed it, lol.

Edit: should say I don't mind the low viz....it's the never ending looking for the buddy that becomes a pain.
Damn, I was up there yesterday too with a buddy. Would have been nice to meet up.

My first dives for the season (I'm not counting the true 0-viz blind-mans-bluff boat "rescue" that we did on Memorial Day). In my report to my dive group I categorized it as "Dutch - decent" viz. The thermoclines were very visible. In a month, every dive will be the never ending looking for your buddy, not a buddy.

Next time we go, yesterday's buddy probably wants to hit the hole. If you are coming up, give me a yell to see if we'll be there - or it will give me an excuse ...

Damn, I was up there yesterday too with a buddy. Would have been nice to meet up.

My first dives for the season (I'm not counting the true 0-viz blind-mans-bluff boat "rescue" that we did on Memorial Day). In my report to my dive group I categorized it as "Dutch - decent" viz. The thermoclines were very visible. In a month, every dive will be the never ending looking for your buddy, not a buddy.

Next time we go, yesterday's buddy probably wants to hit the hole. If you are coming up, give me a yell to see if we'll be there - or it will give me an excuse ...

Yeah it was kind of spur of the moment just planned on Fri, will def hit you up the next time I go. Might be a little bit. The drive kills me, 2hrs 40min 1 way. At the end of the day I dread the ride home. At some point I'd like to just find a cheap place to stay when I come up there. (or friends with super cheap places to stay!:D). Do a weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom