Duracell batteries in Dorcy light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just put duracells into two of my lights. Will consider maybe leaving batteries out during extended storage.
One of the lights had duracells and after sitting for a long while I was just barely able to get the housing apart to
change the batteries. Seems like there may be a couple good reasons to occasionally remove the lens housing
and batteries from time to time.

Proctor & Gamble sent an apology for the trouble I had (a generic form letter) and a certificate for a "Free Duracell battery pack up to 8 count pack (up to $19.99). 1 Any". It certainly was a gesture...for a product I no longer use. :|

Today I received a $50.00 debit card from P&G. Not real good on communications but did make things right!

End

Glad to read this. We've had the same problem with the Dorcys and assumed we had flooded them. I suspect we're using Duracells, or at least whatever Costco sells.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom