Dumbest question I have ever asked here....and that's saying something.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am the proud owner of a brandy new Atom 2.0. After going through the massive manual on it, I found nothing to indicate how to turn the thing on....I now know how to monitor someone elses gas supply, set the watch function, align with the phases of the moon, etc, etc, etc

I flipped through a second time to see if I missed something. Either I am blind (possible), stupid (sadly probable) or it is the only thing that isn't in the manual.

Would love to get some practice in using this over the next couple days =)

Thanks for any and all help, please be gentle,

Jeff

:hm: did you dunk it in water?

I have not yet, but shouldn't the watch be on anyway?

How about this, from page 8: <dbl-click to read>

Attachments

• Oceanic Atom 2-0.JPG
    Oceanic Atom 2-0.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 53
I am the proud owner of a brandy new Atom 2.0. After going through the massive manual on it, I found nothing to indicate how to turn the thing on....I now know how to monitor someone elses gas supply, set the watch function, align with the phases of the moon, etc, etc, etc

I flipped through a second time to see if I missed something. Either I am blind (possible), stupid (sadly probable) or it is the only thing that isn't in the manual.

Would love to get some practice in using this over the next couple days =)

Thanks for any and all help, please be gentle,

Jeff

Look on page 11 of the owners manual:

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/12-2698-r01.pdf

If none of the functions come on, not even watch, is it possible it was shipped with one of those little plastic things over the battery contacts that must be removed before use?

Edit - looks like Jax found the most probable answer.

You guys rock....I'll let you decide whether option one or two was applicable in this case since it clearly is in the manual.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Just double checked the Manual, if the Atom is in Watch mode hold down the M button for two seconds and it should go into normal dive mode....

If the Wet activation is not turned on, you will have to do this before every dive.

Our shop has been selling these for a while, the manual is very hard to follow, but the pleasure is worth all the pain...

Safe Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom