Dumaguete during Chinese New Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am trying to squeeze in a couple of dive days over the Chinese New Year holiday, from February 13th to the 16th. I usually don't plan this far in advance, but the flights get snapped up pretty quickly for those days.

Based on what I've read here, I'm thinking of staying at Atlantis Dumaguete. Is it fairly easy to get to the resort from the airport? Will there be hordes of divers from HK and Singapore taking advantage of the holiday? Is it worth the effort for only two days of diving? It's been pretty hard for me to take a decent holiday lately and I am eager to check out some of the nearby diving so I can sneak in more short trips like this.

Thanks.

Hey Vladimir,

yeah, Chinese New Year is a pretty hectic time to travel around the PI - lots of local and international travelers. That'll be a weekend as well. For Dumaguete, yes Atlantis is easy to get to from the airport. If you don't mind taking the Mnl-Duma domestic flight, 2 days of diving is worth it (1 day Apo Island, 1 day Duma side). You could probably sneak in a dive on the 13th as well.

Hope that helps. Post a trip report. :)

Vladimir,

you will have more SE Asians here than the rest of the year, but it won't be overrun like other tourist-destinations in Duma.

The Transfer should e offered by the Resort you book anyway. You also can't go wrong w/ Atlantis as long you are willing to pay 100 plus peso for a beer... Diving and accommodation-wise top-notch, again you pay for it also the by far highest rates in this Area. An Alternative is the new Dauin - Beach Resort where you spend about half for the same Fish

If you were in Duma before you might have a look into Thalatta-Resort (pricing somewhere between Atlantis and Dauin Beach Resort). They dive Apo, but the other dive-sites go further south towards Zamboanguita where the Dauin Resorts don't go to.

cheers

Rhoody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom