Dumaguete Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome!

Thanks so much for sharing those :cheerleader:

Yes... Any idea what it is?

BG

BG

BG

not sure what it is. looks like a cross between a regular frogfish and a hairy frogfish.

Great photos ekapoo. thank you for sharing.

Those are great shots, I'm off to Siquijor Island, then Dauin for 10 days on Saturday, gonna stay at Mike's, so stoked!

I dove Dumaguete on Feb. 2009 and stayed with El Dorado. Here are some photos of the resort that I posted on my Facebook page: El Dorado Resort Photo Album

All I can say is that it is a very decent dive resort with very professional dive staff. They have a well-organized gear storage area and a well run dive schedule. The dive staff will look after your gear for you. All you do is dive. If you prefer to rinse your gear at the end of the day, you may do so. Dive trips for the following day are posted on the whiteboard in the afternoons. You just sign up with your name and bin# (where your dive gear is stored) and the dive team ensures that they are ready for your dives. They do up to four dives a day (2 AM + 2 afternoon). Dusk or night dives can be arranged.

I won't hesitate to stay with them again if I ever find myself in Dauin, Dumaguete.

FYI, if you want to spend more time around Apo Island, there is a dive resort there called Liberty Lodge/Paul's Diving.

You must do Apo Island. The waters around it is a protected marine sanctuary. Clear water, white sand, and very lush coral gardens.

Dauin diving is mainly muck diving as others have mentioned. Lots of fun too.

I don't know if the Ducomi Pier in Dauin is still open for divers. Lots of critters call the pier's pilings home. A must dive if it is still open.

How flexible was El Dorado in terms of requesting dive sites? Were there people who did more than 4 dives a day? What's their dive guide-divers ratio? I'm a little confused because on their website, there's a separate fee for a private guide. I'm wondering if this means by default, you're suppose to dive on your own???

When I was at ElDorado - I dove with guide first time - home "muck dive". I gave DM tip, but not charged extra. After that I let them choose where we went as I didn't know the area - I was not disappointed. Next day went to Apo Island for 3 tank dive and BBQ - Super wonderful. I dove with a fellow from Italy. Seemed like al had a buddy. I think about 10 on the boat, but don't remember wow many DM (guide).
After that I met a live aboard there and was off to many other places in the Philippines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom