Dumaguete Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Dumaguete on Feb. 2009 and stayed with El Dorado. Here are some photos of the resort that I posted on my Facebook page: El Dorado Resort Photo Album

All I can say is that it is a very decent dive resort with very professional dive staff. They have a well-organized gear storage area and a well run dive schedule. The dive staff will look after your gear for you. All you do is dive. If you prefer to rinse your gear at the end of the day, you may do so. Dive trips for the following day are posted on the whiteboard in the afternoons. You just sign up with your name and bin# (where your dive gear is stored) and the dive team ensures that they are ready for your dives. They do up to four dives a day (2 AM + 2 afternoon). Dusk or night dives can be arranged.

I won't hesitate to stay with them again if I ever find myself in Dauin, Dumaguete.

FYI, if you want to spend more time around Apo Island, there is a dive resort there called Liberty Lodge/Paul's Diving.

You must do Apo Island. The waters around it is a protected marine sanctuary. Clear water, white sand, and very lush coral gardens.

Dauin diving is mainly muck diving as others have mentioned. Lots of fun too.

I don't know if the Ducomi Pier in Dauin is still open for divers. Lots of critters call the pier's pilings home. A must dive if it is still open.

I have gained an incredible amount of advice from this site for years, but haven't contributed much. My new year's resolution is to try to post more often. So here I go... I was in Dauin this past November for two weeks of diving, and have to say, besides Apo Island (which I absolutely love any dive site there), my favorite site this trip was a secret site called Pyramids. Our DM told us that it is a secret site that isn't a secret. The actual physical metal pyramids at the site aren't that exciting yet (little growth on them currently), but the surrounding muck and ruble were my favorite part of the dive site. My husband and I found more interesting and unique critters at that site than any other site we visited those two weeks. Lots of different nudis, several different color sea horses, devil fish, crocodile eel, soft coral crab, frog fish, squid, moth fish, and a strange fish that looked like a frog fish but had a lot of vegetation-like growths on him. Highly recommend this dive site.

I have gained an incredible amount of advice from this site for years, but haven't contributed much. My new year's resolution is to try to post more often. So here I go... I was in Dauin this past November for two weeks of diving, and have to say, besides Apo Island (which I absolutely love any dive site there), my favorite site this trip was a secret site called Pyramids. Our DM told us that it is a secret site that isn't a secret. The actual physical metal pyramids at the site aren't that exciting yet (little growth on them currently), but the surrounding muck and ruble were my favorite part of the dive site. My husband and I found more interesting and unique critters at that site than any other site we visited those two weeks. Lots of different nudis, several different color sea horses, devil fish, crocodile eel, soft coral crab, frog fish, squid, moth fish, and a strange fish that looked like a frog fish but had a lot of vegetation-like growths on him. Highly recommend this dive site.

post pics please!

Ok, these are all from the Pyramids dive site. This is my first try at posting photos... bear with me if this doesn't work.
BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

Ok, these are all from the Pyramids dive site. This is my first try at posting photos... bear with me if this doesn't work.QUOTE]

Sweet, you sold me. Just my kind of diving. I've been to Apo Island three times and love it there too. Just wish there were cheaper ways of diving Dauin. Anyone got pointers? The resorts are pricier than what I like to spend on rooms - I usually like to get room with fan and bath for less than 1000 php since I spend so little time there.

Thanks, Jason.

If you can go on & on please do!

Really nice stuff!

Here is an encore presentation of the Pyramids dive site...

BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

Back
Top Bottom