DUI zipseals compatible with SI tech rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which set of SI tech gloves did you have, apparently it seems that two versions are out.

I'm trying to see if SI tech followed up by creating a new dry glove ring that solved the leaky ring problem?

You can clearly see that two versions are out, which came out first is what I'm trying to figure.

MG

The bottom (old) kind. They did not leak (often) without zips -- I think DUI uses (or used) very thin latex on some seals and this may not help.

the knuckle-dragging was specific to zips also.

mike, i bought a set of these today and installed them on my DUI zip seals and went for a dive... the best $70 i ever spent! i bought regular thick latex gloves from home depot's paint dept and a pair of nice bamboo liners form REI.. works like a champ and took 5 mins to install!! it was the first time in 2 years that i had dry arms!! i have very deep tendons and my seals always leak (Even tried bio-seals).. im buying another set of these rings for my wife tomorrow!

awesome stuff!!

its a lot easier to install if you remove the zip seal first.. and install the ring below the edge of the zip seal's plastic ring. like so..

zipseal1.jpg

dryglove1.JPG

I also have the CLX450 and really like the idea of the water dam and the removable glove setup. The picture you showed above looks like it would not work well on my suit as my latex zip seal sets right at the wrist and the collor of the zip seal is almost right at the same place over the wrist with the excess latex material somewhat inside. If I tried this setup the way its show, it looks like the ring would be near my knuckles. Please let me know if there is a way to work around it and if you have a parts list/ manufacturers model numbers to put together the same setup. Thanks in advance for the help and a great post.

My zip seals are sealing right at the wrist and the "zip" part of it is pulled forward to also sit on my wrists.. this glove system works perfectly.. like so

1. Putting on the latex seal, I pull the sleeve of the drysuit back up on my arm a bit so that I can get the wrist seal nicely situated..
drygloves2-1.JPG

2. Then I put on the warm dry glove liners..
drygloves2-2.JPG

3. Then I pull the drysuit sleeve forward so the glove rings line up kinda over my wrists with the seal still in place, but kinda folded on the inside (but with a 100% seal).. the seal and "zip" collar is sitting at the exact same spot where it used to prior to dry gloves..
drygloves2-3.JPG

4. And now I just slip on the dry gloves :)
drygloves2-4.JPG

5. Taking the gloves off are just as easy.. pop the rings of by twisting the "removal ring nuts" and take off the glove :)
drygloves2-5.JPG

I stay perfectly warm and dry !!

for depths down to 130+ fsw I use small little tubes that come with the glove system and install them under the wrist seals between the drysuit sleeves and the liner glove so it can equalize the air between the suit and gloves..

Which set of SI tech gloves did you have, apparently it seems that two versions are out.

2eeztqw.jpg

35k2428.jpg

I'm trying to see if SI tech followed up by creating a new dry glove ring that solved the leaky ring problem?

You can clearly see that two versions are out, which came out first is what I'm trying to figure.

MG

I picked up and installed the rings on my drysuit the other day and did a dive to 85 ffw in 46 degree water and loved the setup. The only issue I have is the rings, I installed them as far up the zip seals as possible, but still puts the ring rigt at the first joint of my thumb. When i fully extend the thumb it rubs and after three dives I could feel the discomfort. I also experimented with the supplied tubing ment to equalize the gloves and allow air to pas to/from the glove and suit. I used the tubing on the left, figuring it as a safety issue more than anything else and no tubing on the right. I could not tell any noticable difference after 2 hours of bottom time at various depths.

On land I could not tell you how great it was to simply click off the ring/glove and have normal dexterity on land. My buddy had a problem with some small cuts in his stock DUI zipseal gloves and ended up with a wet sleeve. it's nice to think the cost of relacement of my new setup is $4 from Home Depot rather than the $198 for new Zip gloves.

I hope this helps someone else interested in the same setup.

Grade: A-

I purchased the SI tech glove lock rings with showa blue gloves, love the system. However, I too have a problem with the rings rubbing slightly against my thumb while on land.

I have a stock medium suit and had already the max cut from my sleeves of two inches. Now the rings give back length becuase of the zip zeals and the ring.

What can I do, what options do I have to make the rings even more comfortable? I will contact DUI and see what they recommend.

I am just confused to the proper length the sleeves should be, when the suit came back to me the zipseals are right at the back of my wrist, perfect. Now because of the rings my sleeves are longer, need help???

Thanks,

Mike

Take a look at how much is added to the length of the sleeve because of the zipseal...
261et5d.jpg

Here are how the arms look prior to a dive, are they too long?
35m2ptz.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom