DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Demo Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all just wondering if anybody has those zip seal on thier suit if so a couple of questions. 1. What are the pros and cons? 2. Can they be retrofitted on to other suit manufacturers?

I just had my DUI suit retrofitted with the zip seals on the wrist only. I waited till my buddy tried them out before I gave it a go. We love them.

One caveat....he didn't like the neck zip seal....too constricting and stiff. Made the suit hard to get off. He sent his back and told them to return the neck to a normal seal. I tried his suit out before he sent it back and yes, it was difficult....but that just may be personal preference for us.

Rules Rules Rules Rules!!!!!!!!!!

I have Zip wrists and Neck. Have since before they were released (got 'em early from my buds at DUI...) Over the years, and hundreds of dives, they have not ever once "failed"...

I have, on a number of occasions, ripped a seal on-site - beach or boat. I go to my bag and in about 6 minutes I'm diving again. I have several buddys that have not been so fortunate recently.

I have mounted the DC dry gloves onto the Zip seals. HATE the DUI Zip gloves... they blow.

I'm not a mellonhead, so I have no issues with the Zip neck. It does add some bulk and a bit of heft to the neck area - whatever. I've replaced it on the beach one time, and kept diving - so the little extra care it requires is totally worth it.

I'm a little pissy that they're so expensive to replace - but its the price I pay for the insurance of being able to never, ever miss a dive because of a torn seal.

Did I mention how much I love 'em? Hundreds of surf entries and exits: rough, smooth, walk in, walk out, fall in, roll out... never a problem.

If you have the chance to move to them, do not walk. RUN. You'll never regret it.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom